Bearcats

*UPDATED* 5/22/06

yankees1.png

Home

yankees2.png

Road

yankees3.png

BP

Maybe I'll add an alternate uniform later.

This was just for fun. I'm not trying to mess with tradition.

For the home uniform, I wanted the "Yankees" wordmark to be the same block font as the "New York" on the road uniform.

C&C please

buffalo_sig.png

Well, as you said, the Yankees shouldn't change, but for what you've got here:

- I don't like the white brim on the hat...solid blue would be better

- I'm not a fan of pinstripes on a vest. It just looks odd to me.

- Like Hatboy said, arch "Yankees"

- I'm not a fan of pinstriped road uniforms either. They always remind me of the disney era Angels. That's not good.

- Not feeling the light blue, I'm afraid. It's just too drastic, especially since there's none anywhere else in the concept.

I thikn you need to arch the word "Yankees" so it matches the "New York."

How did you come up with sky blue for the BP jersey?

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if there's an easy way to ach lettering in paint, or if you just do it by hand. I went with the light blue because I've seen a ton of Yankees merchandise featuring that color and I know it's very popular. I was thinking either gray for a secondary or light blue on the BPs and I decided to go with the light blue. Way too many teams are navy and red, so that was out of the question.

buffalo_sig.png

- I'm not a fan of pinstriped road uniforms either. They always remind me of the disney era Angels. That's not good.

See, I always think "Minnesota Twins"

Anyway, yeah arch that script, ditch the white bill.... If you're going to go with a home vest, you may as well do something like put a patch on the sleeve for kicks.

And if you're gonna rock the light blue, maybe find another place in the concept to get it in. The road sleeve trim and the cap logo seem to be the two most viable to me, but see what you come up with.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

1. I'd arch the home script too. Flat script just looks wrong.

2. Why vests? NYC doesn't actually get that hot in summer, but in spring and fall it is one of the colder places to play ball. Guys need their sleeves. Plus there's no history of vests in NY.

3. Don't listen to the anti-road-stripes crowd. The objections to road stripes boil down to "I don't think it's pretty." Which is fine; there's no accounting for taste. But there is no more substance to it than that. And the Yankees are a perfect candidate to adopt road pinstriping, since the sum total of the Yankees identity pretty much boils down to "pinstripes."

4. White brim? Just how many seconds into each game will it take for every player's brim to turn a slightly different shade of tobacco spit brown, bubble gum pink, infield dirt tan, pine tar black, or grass green? The Yankees are supposed to look like class. With white-brimmed caps, they'd look like my mechanic's garage on a Friday. And that's assuming they all wore brand new caps every day. If you issue the team any less than 81 caps a year, the unsightly stains would just build up from game to game, and they'd be pretty much the ugliest team in baseball. You can't launder a ballcap with the same ease and effectiveness that you can clean guys' pants.

20082614447.png

Oh WOW!!! Traditionalist will hang you for this design. "How dare you mess with the Yankees classic look", they will yell. Shh! I see you did something innovative, that could be as innovative as football colored side pannels, and Nike Swift hockey jerseys: Pinstripes on sleeves that go horizontal when the arms are down! :o

"F"

Making friends on post #1! Hey, while you're at it, kick in a :puke: smilie.

I give your post (*) stars.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived