AFC - Power Rankings

MDesign

Reading this article from Yahoo! I've gotta disagree with a few of these rankings.

Especially the Titans. Now, being a fan I am biased. However, they made some great moves and got some great players added to their squad. I say they should atleast be 10.

And before I get flamed I know this is just some sports writer and it doesn't really matter.

Reading this article from Yahoo! I've gotta disagree with a few of these rankings.

Especially the Titans. Now, being a fan I am biased. However, they made some great moves and got some great players added to their squad. I say they should atleast be 10.

And before I get flamed I know this is just some sports writer and it doesn't really matter.

10th? I dont know about tenth. At best 14th. 3rd worst overall last year and whatd they do? Get a rookie QB who did well in college. Kevin Mawae and those other signings wont be moving them up 6 spots in a poll like that.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

The top of the list seems fair, but the bottom is quite different.

The Browns are put way too high. They've had a great offseason but they are still a rebuilding team. That offense is still terrible.

The Titans for now, are last though. They sure won't be by the end of the season.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

These things mean NOTHING the Bills were ranked 10th-15th last year and finished 5-11. And I know hockey is different this year but BUF, CAR, & NYR were all ranked in the bottom 5 in this years polls and all had 100+ pts.

saBS.png

I can tentatively agree with Tennessee being a middle of the NFL team, chalk it up to the strength of the AFC. (I Have the Seahawks at 17th.)

Only the top of the AFC is definitely better than the top of the NFC. Other than that things are pretty equal between conferences. Capiche? <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can tentatively agree with Tennessee being a middle of the NFL team, chalk it up to the strength of the AFC.  (I Have the Seahawks at 17th.)

Only the top of the AFC is definitely better than the top of the NFC. Other than that things are pretty equal between conferences. Capiche? <_<

I don't think so. Even a team like the Titans could have the best record in the NFC, if they played an NFC schedule.

LvZYtbZ.png

I can tentatively agree with Tennessee being a middle of the NFL team, chalk it up to the strength of the AFC.  (I Have the Seahawks at 17th.)

I don't think so. Even a team like the Titans could have the best record in the NFC, if they played an NFC schedule.

I'd like to see how well they'd do in the NFC South.. :rolleyes:

Shoot, I'd like to see how well any AFC team not named "Indianapolis Colts", "Denver Broncos", or "New England Patriots" would do in the NFC East.

EDIT-BTW the AFC went 35-30 against the NFC last season (counting Super Bowl).

That clearly a sign of how overwhelmingly superior the AFC is over the NFC. Break out the White Flags now NFC fans! The AFC teams are gonna PWN our butts! :rolleyes:

2nd EDIT-Shoot...the Rams won 3 out 4 of their AFC games and they were competitive against the Colts for a half (held a ten-point lead and everything on 'em)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd like to see how well they'd do in the NFC South.. :rolleyes:

Shoot, I'd like to see how well any AFC team not named "Indianapolis Colts", "Denver Broncos", or "New England Patriots" would do in the NFC East.

EDIT-BTW the AFC went 35-30 against the NFC last season (counting Super Bowl).

That clearly a sign of how overwhelmingly superior the AFC is over the NFC. Break out the White Flags now NFC fans! The AFC teams are gonna PWN our butts!

2nd EDIT-Shoot...the Rams won 3 out 4 of their AFC games and they were competitive against the Colts for a half (held a ten-point lead and everything on 'em)

Bingo.

willmorris has this fantasy that even the worst AFC team is better than the best NFC team. Of course, that's all it is...a fantasy.

I'm pretty sure the top 8 NFC teams would match up well with the bottom 8 AFC teams. I don't think the Raiders could beat, say, the Seahawks or the Panthers if you gave the Raiders 10 tries. But somehow, the Raiders would rank ahead of the Seahawks and Panthers in his poll. That's pretty odd, if you ask me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Now the NFC Rankings from Yahoo:

1. N.Y. Giants

The Giants as #1? OK...and the Knicks are going to be great next year, too...

The Giants may have a nice season and go 10-6, but there's no way I would list them as the NFC Champs based on the name "Manning". Seattle and Dallas should be 1 and 2 in my book.

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

Archived