Washington capitals?

Steve-O

Can anyone post a picture or at least a clear logo of the supposed to be 2000-2001 Washington Capitals logo. It features and eagles head and some stars and stripes, I'm not too sure exactly. It can be seen on www.nhluniforms.com under the 2000-2001 section, it's at the bottom as the "Bonus Uniform". I am curious to see what they may have looked like. I apologize if this is previously posted.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

For the 2000-01 season, the Washington Capitals were set to take the ice in new uniforms. The jerseys were even reportedly being sold in some catalogs. However, apparently at the last minute, the Capitals scratched those plans and kept their uniforms from the previous season, albeit using their black alternates as their regular away jerseys. Capitals owner Ted Leonsis has said he wants to change the team's look, so stay tuned.

That's from NHLUniforms.com

Like all you guys, I too got sick of looking for this mysterious logo. I did eventually come across some slightly larger shots, and then decided to make this vector version of it. I'm sure some of the details are rather different, but I think it came out as a decent reproduction.

I think this logo, although illustratively sound, doesnt have much relevance. I dont know why the shape of the flag uses that angle, or why what the shape as a whole means. All I see is a well done eagle illustration, in front of a rather abstract looking flag. I'm glad they didnt use this, although I would very much like to see this altered and used one day.

washington_capitals_new.jpg

files for download:

ai file

fla file

swf file

Archived