Washington capitals?

Steve-O

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, cherny...

i really do love that capital building logo a LOT more than any other caps logo i've seen.

they should slap that on the front of some red sweaters, with blue trim. that'd be niiiice.

I hate these both so much. The Capitol one is ...alright.........the eagle one is so wretched I can't describe it. Its worse than the Bobcats.......God it sucks. What the hell is that black stuff over its beak on the cheek?? Whats with the white eyes?? Eagles have entirely yellow eyes, not like us. Whats with the overlapped top and bottom jaw like some hillbilly? Why are his features so small anyway? Eagles have proportionately huge eye sockets.......all birds of prey do. This is so retarded. What about the overall shape?? Are they trying to be "carolinas" too? Is DC shaped like that cause otherwise I dont get it.

I'll stop wishing for the Brewers ball n glove to come back, if the world stops wishing for new Caps stuff.

This just in, their current logo is AWESOME.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

yeah that eagle logo is so bad that it probably causes cancer... :D but the capitol building is pretty sweet... though i agree with sterling nothing wrong with their current look though i do miss the blue sweaters

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

What I don't understand is people constantly saying the Caps have to be Red White and Blue. I mean, not one of Canada's teams is exclusivly red and white, and it's no big deal. I mean, I think about the most American team....The Yankees? Are they red white and blue?

The Caps current jerseys are amazing, especially the numbers. Though I perfered the Blue with the eagle, the black is OK.

Wurld, I LOVE the work you have done on these! Sweet!

However, i'll agree that the bird is goofy as hell.. that overall shape is just bizarre.. the whole thing looks like a bottle opener....

I kinda dig the capital building one... but the colorization seems wierd to me.. in the B$W versions, i 'got' a lot more of the flag behind, burstiung throught he wordmark, to make a shield shape.. i dug that.. but in the color version.. not so much.

But, i dont dislike their currents, either.

Oh well.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

the eagle is kind of funny looking. The Capitol building logo is pretty good. It would be better if 1) The top right of the flag were blue and the white line were lowered and widened a little to match the red stripe below it, 2) the dropshadow of the CAPITALS text weren't so disjointed from the text, and 3) if the stars weren't split down the middle like that. They should be all white or white and silver beveled.

I think the Capitals ahould be red, white and blue. They are named after the capital of the U.S., and the colors of our flag are red, whte and blue. If there was a Canadian team named the Capitals, I would expect them to be red and white (maybe a little black, too, like the Olympic team).

That's not to say their current scheme was bad..it was a significant improvement over what they had before. Blue, bronze and black work together, in an almost dignified way. But if Washington is going to redesign everything, I would go back to red, white and blue.

And the Yankees logo is red, white and blue. They just don't use red on the uniforms.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think the Capitals ahould be red, white and blue. They are named after the capital of the U.S., and the colors of our flag are red, whte and blue. If there was a Canadian team named the Capitals, I would expect them to be red and white (maybe a little black, too, like the Olympic team).

That's not to say their current scheme was bad..it was a significant improvement over what they had before. Blue, bronze and black work together, in an almost dignified way. But if Washington is going to redesign everything, I would go back to red, white and blue.

And the Yankees logo is red, white and blue. They just don't use red on the uniforms.

Ah, touché.

i don't care what country the caps play in :)

i think they should wear primarily red, with blue as a secondary color, because that's what the washington capitals are SUPPOSED to wear. they wore it when i was a kid, and they wore it for most of their history. just because their uniforms at that time were tacky doesn't mean that they shouldn't wear their own team colors anymore.

to me, the caps are a red team.

Archived