Reggie Bush still wearing Nike

bigcoyotes

looks like his teammate next to him also has nikes on too.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Only Reebok and Nike cleats are approved for on-field use. Most thought that with the adidas-Reebok merger that the company would get adidas to be approved for on-field use, but that hasn't happened yet. So adidas and Under Armour cleat endorsers will have to wear either Nike or Reebok cleats, most likely with ankle tape covering the logos.

no kidding. and I'm sure he'll get his adidas on field, he's an adidas athlete now.

that's an incredibly stupid rule too. I don't see how the teams should dictate footwear to the players.

harperdc.gif

no kidding. and I'm sure he'll get his adidas on field, he's an adidas athlete now.

that's an incredibly stupid rule too. I don't see how the teams should dictate footwear to the players.

When the NFL, owners, and players decided to create Equipment NFL in association with Reebok, the shoe company wanted for their cleats to eventually be worn by all NFL players. Realizing that this was not going to be an easy task becuase of the number of players that were wearing Nike and Adidas at the time, they all decided to create a sliding slope allowing for a certain percetage of new players, street FAs and rookies, to wear the other competitors shoes.

In theory, there should only be less than 12% of NFL players wearing something other than Reebok by now. Those players that do not sign endorsement deals with a competing brand have to wear Reebok, according to what I remember. So in some instances, the players do not have a choice.

dodgers-1.png

I think it should be player choice between a few different brands. I know my feet fit better in some brands (and their styles) than others; what if you *have* to play in certain shoes and literally can't fit into them comfortably, with no other option?

european soccer hasn't imploded because their players wear boots from different brands - even in different colors for each player too! I just think it's an assinine rule for American football to have.

harperdc.gif

That's probably why you see a lot pros with spatted shoes. johnny and Jimmy might be wearing an "unauthorized" shoe, so they just cover it up. I agree with the idea that a player should wear what works for them.

Archived