BIG BEN IN MOTORCYCLE WRECK

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a low blow ^_^ Marvin Lewis better worry about his own QB though and the rest of that Division which other than the Browns who are already assured of last place is going to be brutal nopw that the Ravens have McNair.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the last part of my vacation, and last night, when Big Ben was on ESPN..I found out that the family my dad grew up with at his cottage as a kid, are related to Ben. There's pictures of him in the house, and they all said that after he gets back on his bike a few times (he has had 5 bikes, only 4 now) he will be riding again. On the helmet issue, he says he will, but as his family says, it's really the situation around the time that he goes out on it. For example, the day of his accident, he forgot the helmet in his basement.

What I don't understand is, it's like illegal for little kids in Ontario to not be wearing a helmet, let alone a motorcycle. Why hasn't state laws gotten as far as to make wearing a helmet a part of the law?

What I don't understand is, it's like illegal for little kids in Ontario to not be wearing a helmet, let alone a motorcycle. Why hasn't state laws gotten as far as to make wearing a helmet a part of the law?

Because here in PA we don't need the government to pretend to be our mommies!

Actually Big Ben broke the law because he didn't have a motorcycle license in PA. The law states that only people who have had a valid motorcycle for 2 years are more are allowed to CHOOSE if they want to put the bucket on. Now if we can just get them to repeal the seat belt laws.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Apparently, of the fifty states, only 4 are helmet law free.

usmap.gif

Sorry it's so impossible to read...

Green- 100% Helmet Law Free

Yellow- Helmet Law (Age Exemptions)

Red- Helmet Law (ALL Riders)

Black- Helmet Law (Age Discrimination)

*- Insurance required.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Actually Big Ben broke the law because he didn't have a motorcycle license in PA. The law states that only people who have had a valid motorcycle for 2 years are more are allowed to CHOOSE if they want to put the bucket on. Now if we can just get them to repeal the seat belt laws.

Sometimes you gotta protect idiots from themselves

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Its the same as seatbelt laws less deaths=lower insurance rates fewer fatl accident = less ambulances being used=tax payers saving money

... it also equals fewer tow trucks on the road scramming towards the accident scene .... and the towing fee that comes with it ^_^

I can probably understand why people don't like it. It's either uncomfortable or they don't want the government intruding in their lives and they just feel if something happens, like them dying, then so be it, or even they feel the police should be focusing more on violent crimes and so on.....

It seems to me that we've done quite well with the seatbelt laws, but the seat belt is not the real problem. We should be focusing on the real problems, the attitudes that truly affect driving:

Road rage, manners, drinking and driving, distractions, aggressive driving, speeding and my personal favourite, sudden lane changes without signalling.

All of those may lead to accidents. If we can get a hold of those, then insurance costs wouldn't be as high as they are (that and shareholders expecations ) I was told on the first day of driving school, driving is a privledge, not a right. Maybe people should have that in mind when they drive at all times.

Seat belts save lives, and insurance costs, but also, it does not necessarily mean less ambulances. Even if you wore a seat belt, a similar accident to one that causes a fatality to someone who didn't wear a seat belt, would have brought ambulances just the same.

I saw, I came, I left.

Gotta love the legal system! Without it, everyone would be killing themselves in stupid ways and taking others out with them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Gotta love the legal system! Without it, everyone would be killing themselves in stupid ways and taking others out with them.

WOW You crazy Canadians are really brain washed. First please explain how not wearing a motorcycle helmet or your seatbelt can harm others? Both of those laws are nothing but money grabs by the government. You are completely delusional if you think the government wants to protect us. Guess what it can't only YOU can protect your self. Actually in may cases wearing a helmet or seat belts adds to insurance costs. Many many accidents would have resulted in a fatality but because of the helmet the person is now "just" a quadriplegic or paraplegic.

Those costs continue for many years, the cost of a fatality stops at death. I know that is a harsh statement but true. If the government wanted to protect us it would do the following...ban tobacco, automobiles, cows, wheat, corn, water, sun light and on and on. All of these things can cause death. Perhaps you need to rely less on the government and more on yourself.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

WOW You crazy Canadians are really brain washed. First please explain how not wearing a motorcycle helmet or your seatbelt can harm others? Both of those laws are nothing but money grabs by the government. You are completely delusional if you think the government wants to protect us. Guess what it can't only YOU can protect your self. Actually in may cases wearing a helmet or seat belts adds to insurance costs. Many many accidents would have resulted in a fatality but because of the helmet the person is now "just" a quadriplegic or paraplegic.

Those costs continue for many years, the cost of a fatality stops at death. I know that is a harsh statement but true. If the government wanted to protect us it would do the following...ban tobacco, automobiles, cows, wheat, corn, water, sun light and on and on. All of these things can cause death. Perhaps you need to rely less on the government and more on yourself.

Hey now, not ALL Canadians think alike. Now, I don't necessarily believe in the seat belt laws or the smoking laws or many of the laws here, but I do believe in the government provinding awareness of such dangers. As I said, we should be dealing with the REAL dangers of the road. We should have laws that help protect OTHER drivers, besides yourself.

About the insurance costs issue, well we can argue about whether seat belts helps increase or decrease insurance costs. My previous statement had a variety of costs in mind, including medical costs AND life insurance. I only said what I believe, but I don't know the answer, it depends on how many people have life insurance, medical insurance how much the policy is and what not.

I saw, I came, I left.

WOW You crazy Canadians are really brain washed. First please explain how not wearing a motorcycle helmet or your seatbelt can harm others? Both of those laws are nothing but money grabs by the government.

If I'm driving, get in an accident, and the guy in the backseat isn't wearing a seatbelt guess what happens to me. I mean I'm sure having a 200lb bag of meat and bones flying at the back of my head at 60mph feels great but I'd just rather not experience it.

And before you say "OH THATZ BALONEY! THATLL NEVR HAPPENS IN A MILLION YEARS!", that exact situation has affected a few people I have met over the years.

But what do I know, I'm just brain washed... which I guess is your local term for "thinking".

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

If I'm driving, get in an accident, and the guy in the backseat isn't wearing a seatbelt guess what happens to me.  I mean I'm sure having a 200lb bag of meat and bones flying at the back of my head at 60mph feels great but I'd just rather not experience it.

Solution: Make the 200 lb pound guy sit on the other side. :P

Also, the driver would probably be charged with negligence if other passengers don't wear their seat belts.

I saw, I came, I left.

If I'm driving, get in an accident, and the guy in the backseat isn't wearing a seatbelt guess what happens to me.  I mean I'm sure having a 200lb bag of meat and bones flying at the back of my head at 60mph feels great but I'd just rather not experience it.

Solution: Make the 200 lb pound guy sit on the other side. :P

Also, the driver would probably be charged with negligence if other passengers don't wear their seat belts.

Well I know where I live, the driver is not at fault if others don't wear their seatbelts, as long as they are over 16.

WOW You crazy Canadians are really brain washed. First please explain how not wearing a motorcycle helmet or your seatbelt can harm others? Both of those laws are nothing but money grabs by the government.

If I'm driving, get in an accident, and the guy in the backseat isn't wearing a seatbelt guess what happens to me. I mean I'm sure having a 200lb bag of meat and bones flying at the back of my head at 60mph feels great but I'd just rather not experience it.

And before you say "OH THATZ BALONEY! THATLL NEVR HAPPENS IN A MILLION YEARS!", that exact situation has affected a few people I have met over the years.

But what do I know, I'm just brain washed... which I guess is your local term for "thinking".

I think he's trying to say: Explain how not wearing a motorcycle helmet or your seatbelt can harm others, in relation to an accident? He's right in that bike helmets and seatbelts worn won't reduce the damage of the vehicles in a car crash.

The physics of your antic dote would be very difficult to achieve. The biggest problem would be that your front seat gets between you and the passenger / projectile. Second the car would have to be hit from the bottom rear to propel the passenger above the front seat but it would then hit the roof and come back down into the seat. So for what you said to happen, happen the car would have to be hit from underneath then at the exact time the passenger was above the front seat get hit from the rear. If that happened I think not having a seat belt on is the least of your worries.

If you don't believe all these nonsense laws are about money then why does the Government fine you? If it was just about teaching you a lesson they would just report you to your insurance company, and let them make the $$$ off your mistake. But that ain't how it works is it!

"Thinking" is being able to make your own choices. Not following along like a lemming to what ever rule the government sets for you or cause de jour the media is championing. "Brain Washing" is not questioning the government and going along with the "group" because the must know best.

Remember if you don't stand for something you WILL fall for anything.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

A couple of questions for you, Gueman. Do you let your kids ride their bikes without helmets? Do your put your kids in car seats or make them wear seatbelts?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived