US kits in 1st game

philly97flyer

Looks like the took a cue from the NFL. All navy today vs. the Czechs. Don't the white shorts go with the navy tops and vice versa? The announcer said they will be in their navy tops for the first couple matches of the opening round.

I don't know why they did that. Both teams wore their reserve colors. And why did us the US wear the navy shorts (which have the vertical stripe on the side that matches their white primary shirts with the vertical stripe)? Was it because the Czech's shorts were white?

They could have both worn their primary uniforms, the US with white shirts and blue shorts, and the Czechs with a red shirt and white shorts. Doesn't seem to make sense. And it must have been bad luck for the US who after a 3-nil result are basically finished for the tournament.

Looks like the took a cue from the NFL. All navy today vs. the Czechs. Don't the white shorts go with the navy tops and vice versa? The announcer said they will be in their navy tops for the first couple matches of the opening round.

Yeah, why was that. I noticed several other teams had on monotone kits today (Italy, US, Aussies, Japan...)

Now if the US really needs some inspiration vs. Italy, they should break out these beauties...

1950 USA throwbacks

.... back when the US shocked England...we could use all the inspiration we can get.

I don't think they looked all that bad in all-blue kits, except for the differing stripes. It was relatively tame compared to Holland's solid orange traffic cone look.

Now their play on the other hand... :cursing:

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

the Czech Republic are using white as their home, and the Puma kits this year seem to be monochromatic...and because the US use blue tops, white shorts and blue socks as their away, they needed to change to the blue shorts to clash.

Italy did the same thing, wearing all blue (when they usually wear at least white shorts and I think white socks) against Ghana because their uniforms are all white.

it's not surprising for soccer - Manchester United use black and white shorts and socks away from home depending on the circumstance if their red jerseys don't clash. And don't count the US out yet, if they make some tactical and tempo changes we could be back in it.

harperdc.gif

I knew I wasn't the only one who found this monochromatic look that all the teams were using to be a little weird. From what I understood, Oranje didn't have orange shorts in their kit, but there they were. But meh, you know I'm going to say Oranje looked good no matter what (because they won), and I liked the USA's look. Their play sucked balls, but at least they looked good <_<

Archived