Future Major Sports Venues

Shroinke

lighthouse1.jpg

Plans for a renovated Islanders arena, minus the big tower that plan was taken out.

coliseumMain.jpg

Theres the inside of it

First off love the exterior.

Second...whats so different about the interior.....nothing much.

But the Wang, Kumar, and the Isles have been forever trying to get this project off the ground. My personal belief is one of two things will happpen

1. Ratner/Jay Z Nets ownership will get the Ghery designed Brooklyn Arena built, and the Isles will give up trying in Uniondale and move to Brooklyn.

2. The Isles will get the renovation of Nassau they seek, the Nets will have too much red tape to cut through to get the Brooklyn Arena built and move to either Uniondale or Newark.

NYCdog.png

That's not what the Devils Arena will look like. What you posted was a premliminary rendering that was part of several designs. Here is the final design.

newarkarena-night.jpg

The Mets are also building a new stadium.

Is that someone from the Senators scoring on Brodeur in the mural? ^_^

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That's not what the Devils Arena will look like. What you posted was a premliminary rendering that was part of several designs. Here is the final design.

newarkarena-night.jpg

The Mets are also building a new stadium.

Is that someone from the Senators scoring on Brodeur in the mural? ^_^

No that is Brodeur making the stop against the Sens. And that's not a Mural it's supposed to be a large Video screen. Of course it is a still drawing so it's hard to tell.

lighthouse1.jpg

Plans for a renovated Islanders arena, minus the big tower that plan was taken out.

coliseumMain.jpg

Theres the inside of it

But the Wang, Kumar, and the Isles have been forever trying to get this project off the ground. My personal belief is one of two things will happpen

1. Ratner/Jay Z Nets ownership will get the Ghery designed Brooklyn Arena built, and the Isles will give up trying in Uniondale and move to Brooklyn.

2. The Isles will get the renovation of Nassau they seek, the Nets will have too much red tape to cut through to get the Brooklyn Arena built and move to either Uniondale or Newark.

Actually theres quite a few things different about the inside.

1. Theyre dropping the ice 5 feet or something like that to add more space for seating

2. Theyre adding luxury suites above the first section of seating, which will be the closest the ice in all of the NHL.

3. Not the seating area, but the concourses are being widened and there will be two concourses instead of the one current one.

14422435.jpg

Inside of the Coliseum

14422439.jpg

Outside of the Coliseum

Also I think the deal will get done. If Nassau county doesnt do it, they may move to Suffolk county. Theyve also added plans for a minor league baseball stadium right near the arena.

http://lighthouseli.com is the website of the hopeful plans

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

does anyone else here just love looking at the blueprints for the proposed stadiums? anyways thought i'd give you the link for the proposed Vancouver Whitecaps stadium, i dont know if you would consider it major but i would becuase if this is built then vancouver might have a chance for a mls team.

whitecaps stadium

No that is Brodeur making the stop against the Sens. And that's not a Mural it's supposed to be a large Video screen. Of course it is a still drawing so it's hard to tell.

Hmm... Super-duper JumboTron? Sounds like a nifty idea to me.

...and I still think someone's scoring on Brodeur in that pic. :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

lighthouse1.jpg

coliseumMain.jpg

Theres the inside of it

I agee about what you think is going to happen. Personally I hope the second one happens being that I live about a mile away from the Nasssau Coliseum

yankees-1.png

does anyone else here just love looking at the blueprints for the proposed stadiums? anyways thought i'd give you the link for the proposed Vancouver Whitecaps stadium, i dont know if you would consider it major but i would becuase if this is built then vancouver might have a chance for a mls team.

whitecaps stadium

Conceptual drawings are fun to look at, but blueprints or final construction drawings...OMG! They are bad enough with a house, just imagine something near 900,000 sq ft., like United center or something that sits on 50 acres. I have been on projects that were 270,000 and 97,000 sq, ft. gyms/rec centers and it is true that the devil is in the details.

whitecaps stadium

Conceptual drawings are fun to look at, but blueprints or final construction drawings...OMG! They are bad enough with a house, just imagine something near 900,000 sq ft., like United center or something that sits on 50 acres. I have been on projects that were 270,000 and 97,000 sq, ft. gyms/rec centers and it is true that the devil is in the details.

thats what i meant conceptual drawings.

I really dont think the Isles are moving to Brooklyn. I think they even move to western Connecticut before Brooklyn. (they have to stay within the fox sports new york boundrys until their tv deal runs out in i think 2030 or something like that.) But before Brooklyn theyd be hoping for Suffolk. I wouldnt mind Suffolk being that Id be at most 15 minutes from the potential sites, but that would take much longer to happen. Id prefer a renovated Coliseum over anything.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived