Idaho Steelheads New Look

smzimbabwe

I'm digging the white jersey and the secondary logo. Very nice.

When I first looked at the blue jersey, I was ready to dock points for using the Islanders' 3rd template. But looking at the white jersey, it's apparent that's not the case. This is a nice update all around.

"Let's use an actual Steelhead in a logo to emphasize the name, but let's use it as a secondary logo."

Brilliant. Get some silver in that secondary, a little black for accents and put that bia on the jerseys!

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Major, major downgrade. The puck riccocheting off of the goalie mask was brilliant, and their alt logo was decent, too. This is a big letdown. As nwtrailtrekker pointed out it looks too much like the Aces colors, with a little bit of Everett Silvertips thrown in for good measure. I wonder if the new Steelheads Pantones are similar to the Aces...

As for the new secondary logo, it looks like it should be on a letterhead for the State of Idaho Fish and Wildlife Department! Actually, their logo isn't that bad...

homeheader.gif

Meh... I give the Steelies 2 stars out of 5.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I never thought that the Steelheads' original primary mark was a brilliant accomplishment in sports branding, but - that said - this new identity package is a definite downgrade. The new primary logo is terribly generic.

I agree with those who have opined that the new secondary logo should have been used as the club's primary logo... though a lot of work would have had to have been done on that, as well.

Archived