MIAMI HEAT: 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS!

rmackman

Just a warning: I NEVER liked Walker in Boston.

Is it just me, or when Antoine did that little "dance" on the baseline with his shoulder while he was down, did you want to shove your arm through the TV and knock him one right in the face?

allblink220kx.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a warning: I NEVER liked Walker in Boston.

Is it just me, or when Antoine did that little "dance" on the baseline with his shoulder while he was down, did you want to shove your arm through the TV and knock him one right in the face?

You do if you're not a Heat fan. I am. No problem.

I loved when Zo got so psyched he was writhing on the floor. I thought "wow now that's passion." However, I'm sure in Dallas they thought "I hope he's having a seizure right now." I can't believe with all the Canadians on this board nobody guessed who it was in the back of my photo. Come on guys you're better than this. THINK!

Heat17.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

am I the only one who's picked up on how Dwayne Wade's shoe commercial slogan makes no sense? Fall down 7 times get up 8. You can't get up more times than you fall down. If you fall down 7 times the most times you could possibly get up is 7.

It's the same principle as giving 110%, considering the fact that it's mathematically impossible for anybody to give more than 100% effort in any given task (thank you, Mr. Burns's softball ringers)...

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't "Fall down 7 get up 8" actually make perfect sense? I believe the extra one is actually there because when you are a baby, you eventually "get up" for the first time. Thus, you would be "up" more then you go down.

Am I right or just looking way too far into it?

Anyways, congrats to Miami and Dallas blah blah blah...I apologize, I am still just a little bitter about the end of the Suns run. <_<

PopHeading-1.gif

I loved when Zo got so psyched he was writhing on the floor.  I thought "wow now that's passion."  However, I'm sure in Dallas they thought "I hope he's having a seizure right now."  I can't believe with all the Canadians on this board nobody guessed who it was in the back of my photo.  Come on guys you're better than this.  THINK!

Heat17.jpg

sorry, I'm too busy looking at the blonde on the right. :P

Is that Chris Bosh?

I believe Stan does get a ring. He was some sort of "scout" after he resigned IIRC.

I saw, I came, I left.

I loved when Zo got so psyched he was writhing on the floor.  I thought "wow now that's passion."  However, I'm sure in Dallas they thought "I hope he's having a seizure right now."  I can't believe with all the Canadians on this board nobody guessed who it was in the back of my photo.  Come on guys you're better than this.  THINK!

Heat17.jpg

sorry, I'm too busy looking at the blonde on the right. :P

Is that Chris Bosh?

I believe Stan does get a ring. He was some sort of "scout" after he resigned IIRC.

Not Bosh. Same position and used to be the same team. Those are two big hints.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'll admit the Heat got a few calls here and there, but they didn't win the series due to bad officiating...

They won game 3 and 5 with the help of some of the worst officiating I've ever seen (should the end of an NBA Finals game ever come down to a guy hitting free throws with a second left on the clock?). So much so that they would have lost both games without the benefit of those bad calls. Anyone who even casually follows basketball could see that game 5 was as lopsided as it gets as far as the calls. And the officiating has been generally terrible for a while now in the NBA, but the spotlight of the Finals really exposed it.

So yes, the Heat did get a few calls here and there, and they happened to be when the game's outcome depended on it.

They were certainly the better team last night, and in game 4, without a doubt. I don't think the Mavericks ever recovered from the shock of game 3.

Amazing to think that they could've been swept if they didn't get all the calls in the last six minutes of game 3, ain't it? This series was NBA officiating at its worst. Dwyane Wade is an amazing player, but right now, not even LeBron gets some of the calls that he gets.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not Bosh.  Same position and used to be the same team.  Those are two big hints.

well I actually thought it might have been Dee Brown at first, but he was a guard... and there's no way that's Oliver Miller :D

I saw, I came, I left.

(should the end of an NBA Finals game ever come down to a guy hitting free throws with a second left on the clock?).

I don't have a problem with your argument, except this sentence...

If you're going for a layup with 2 seconds on the clock and I straight up tackle you (not to say that happened) or give you a wicked punch in the face, then yes, I would expect you to get free throws :P

In all seriousness, if you get fouled, you get fouled. The picture clearly shows Devin Harris fouled him - grabbed his right forearm/elbow. I'm sure you've seen it. Though Nowitzki got the foul, it's not the first time an official called the foul on the wrong guy. Anyone who casually watches basketball knows that.

And just think, if Dirk had made that second free throw with three seconds left in game 3, the game would have gone into OT. But I guess it's the refs fault that he missed it...he shouldn't have even been there in the first place, especially not in an NBA Finals game with seconds to go.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

(should the end of an NBA Finals game ever come down to a guy hitting free throws with a second left on the clock?).

I don't have a problem with your argument, except this sentence...

If you're going for a layup with 2 seconds on the clock and I straight up tackle you (not to say that happened) or give you a wicked punch in the face, then yes, I would expect you to get free throws :P

In all seriousness, if you get fouled, you get fouled. The picture clearly shows Devin Harris fouled him - grabbed his right forearm/elbow. I'm sure you've seen it. Though Nowitzki got the foul, it's not the first time an official called the foul on the wrong guy. Anyone who casually watches basketball knows that.

And just think, if Dirk had made that second free throw with three seconds left in game 3, the game would have gone into OT. But I guess it's the refs fault that he missed it.

If a foul's a foul... why'd the officials swallow the whistle when D-Wade pushed off on a Mav as he was bringing it up on that final possession? D-Wade was given gifts by the officials all series. That game he had as many free throws as the entire Mavericks team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not Bosh.  Same position and used to be the same team.  Those are two big hints.

well I actually thought it might have been Dee Brown at first, but he was a guard... and there's no way that's Oliver Miller :D

Okay here's another "hint"

moiso.jpg

spacer.png

If a foul's a foul... why'd the officials swallow the whistle when D-Wade pushed off on a Mav as he was bringing it up on that final possession?  D-Wade was given gifts by the officials all series.  That game he had as many free throws as the entire Mavericks team.

Could it have been an off-balance flop?? Oh say it ain't so!!

Good thing I didn't see any Mavericks get away with pushes. Nowitzki pushed Haslem right into Jason Terry at the end of game 6...obvious as daylight...no call. Nowitzki pushes off on nearly all of his drives...no calls. You know I respect you, ITE, but you need to watch the game a bit more closely and quit looking for conspiracies...

Unless you completely wrap your arm around the guy and push, the ref is not going to call it. Watch any game in the conference finals and The Finals and you'll see what I mean.

And the reason that Wade had as many FT's as the Mavericks in game 5 was because the Mavs rely on open jump shots...Dwyane Wade relies on driving to the rim. Who do you think is going to get more FT's...Open jump shooters, or contact-seeking cutters and slashers? Add to the fact that the Mavericks sent the Heat into the bonus early in every quarter, and overtime, by fouling Shaq more than they had, and thus, Wade gets more FTs.

It's not rocket science, fellas.

moiso.jpg

ok then

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerome_moiso/index.html

I had NO idea who this guy is. Seriously, I think only the really diehard Raptor fan could have known who he is.

I saw, I came, I left.

moiso.jpg

ok then

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jerome_moiso/index.html

I had NO idea who this guy is. Seriously, I think only the really diehard Raptor fan could have known who he is.

Well, Moiso was on the Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets for a few years. I do know that much.

Well Moiso has played in a whopping 20 games over his three seasons in the league. I think the only people that would have recognized him in that photo would be his coach and the team's trainer.

Archived