MLB Shop Selling TBTC Promo Jerseys

Bouj

I know I was wanting one really bad, so I was pretty pumped when I saw MLB had the Padres 1948 PCL Turn Back The Clock jersey that was worn last month against the Cubs for sale.

Padres TBTC Jersey

Available in blank and with Jake Peavy's #44. I picked up the blank one and will take it to my jersey customization guy to get #'s on it.

But MLB also has:

Devil Rays "Tarpons" TBTC Jersey

Giants 1982 TBTC Jersey

With more promotions ahead, maybe they'll add more soon.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 3 weeks later...

The MLB is getting more uniforms than the NBA. Some of these teams aren't even associated with tthe teams of the jersey they are wearing. It's getting way out of hand. They should have a home white (hear that Giants) and an away gray (ahem, Padres) and an alt color or two. They don't need throwback night, Jimmy Buffett day, whatever else. I'm not a traditionalist at all, and I feel it's cool to honor someone/something, but it's just getting a little crazy and the league is just seeing $$$$$$$.

KISSwall09.jpg

Tarpons... wasn't Tarpons one of the names mentioned as a possible FUTURE TB name? If they drop D-rays sometime in the future?

The Tampa Bay Tarpons were also a minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds

That's why the jerseys look similar to those of the Big Red Machine days.

Yes it was.

Congrats on your Bears jersey, but I'd like one I could actually wear, not a game-used version. I've heard a rumor that the Miller Park shop was selling them (and caps) - any Cream City residents able to confirm?

Next time I get there, I'll let you know.

It's where I sit.

The MLB is getting more uniforms than the NBA. Some of these teams aren't even associated with tthe teams of the jersey they are wearing. It's getting way out of hand. They should have a home white (hear that Giants) and an away gray (ahem, Padres) and an alt color or two. They don't need throwback night, Jimmy Buffett day, whatever else. I'm not a traditionalist at all, and I feel it's cool to honor someone/something, but it's just getting a little crazy and the league is just seeing $$$$$$$.

I'm a traditionalist, and I disagree with you. For crying out loud, they play 162 games a year, almost twice as many as any other major sport. Let 'em live a little. Some teams wear a throwback uni once a year. Is that really the end of the world? I personally would like my team to participate, but have been told that the promotions and marketing department thinks it's "too much work." Too much work? Those words shouldn't be in the promotions department's vocabulary...

Now, if you want to make an arguement that some teams have too many uni combinations, or wear their alts too much, that's fine, but saying there are too many throwback games is rediculious...

Moose

Archived