NFL Roshambo

sp0rtsguy13

I received a set of picks.

Dallas (sp0rtsguy13): paper

at New Orleans (cappital92): rock

Dallas wins 1-0.

Cowboys: 1-0

Saints: 0-1

This can work, people. We just have to get those who said they would represent a team to know that this is beginning and that they need to start submitting picks. I like RC's suggestion of having all picks due on Monday night, that way we can all report the results on Tuesday -- sort of like final fantasy football scores. Maybe we can have someone PM all those who said they were interested to let them know we're running practice weeks now.

teams-1.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This can work, people. We just have to get those who said they would represent a team to know that this is beginning and that they need to start submitting picks. I like RC's suggestion of having all picks due on Monday night, that way we can all report the results on Tuesday -- sort of like final fantasy football scores. Maybe we can have someone PM all those who said they were interested to let them know we're running practice weeks now.

I agree. Some people replied to this and said they would represent a team a while ago and may have forgotten about it. If we can PM them and remind them, and maybe put in the rule that RC suggested, this could easily work.

teamsnew2.png

I hate to keep having to bump this, but did we get any more results from last weekend?

Also start getting your picks sent for this week. I assume the deadline is bumped to Monday night.

teams-1.png

For the two games I was supposed to get, nobody pm'ed me, does that mean double forefit?

Kansas City at N.Y. Giants (Bills2005)Natsfan36 & Coast2CoastAM2006

N.Y. Jets at Washington (Bills2005)duhstupid & gregjigga5

saBS.png

Kansas City at N.Y. Giants (Bills2005)

Philadelphia at Baltimore (Squeaks4)

Something is screwy here in a major way.

I've got the Eagles. My NFC East leader is sp0rtsguy. My exhibition game last week was against an AFC North team (Baltimore), and my team was the visiting side. My picks went to the NFC West leader (squeaks4). I sent him my picks, as instructed (although I don't understand what the NFC West had to do with a game played at an AFC North stadium).

That said, the Eagles host another AFC North team tonight in Philadelphia. Who am I PMing so they know what I'm throwing? Little help please...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Kansas City at N.Y. Giants (Bills2005)

Philadelphia at Baltimore (Squeaks4)

Something is screwy here in a major way.

I've got the Eagles. My NFC East leader is sp0rtsguy. My exhibition game last week was against an AFC North team (Baltimore), and my team was the visiting side. My picks went to the NFC West leader (squeaks4). I sent him my picks, as instructed (although I don't understand what the NFC West had to do with a game played at an AFC North stadium).

That said, the Eagles host another AFC North team tonight in Philadelphia. Who am I PMing so they know what I'm throwing? Little help please...

It was easy to figure out who to instruct you to pm in the NHL version, because every division played only 2/3 in the opposing conference. In that situation, the division leader received picks for games at the home team of the division he did not play. I would have done it, AFC North leader receives games at NFC North teams, and AFC West leader recieves picks for games at NFC West teams, and so on. However there was a problem that the AFC West and NFC West play each other during this season. So figuring out which divisions didnt play each other I decided who you pm. It may be confusing but its the reason why the NFC East leader doesnt receive NFC East picks, but however recieves AFC East picks. Its all on the first page of this thread.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Did we give up on this already????

I don't know, it seems like we have. I sent in picks for Tampa Bay vs. Jacksonville last week (I have Tampa Bay) and nobody ever posted if I won or not.

I say we do week 1, if week 1 doesnt work out then well pull the plug, but for the preseason games I had only thought we were doing week 2. But no ones still picked the Dolphins. I say we give it at least one week.

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Jigga don't do no muthafuggin preseason!

I've sent in my pics for Week 1 of the Regular Season, but with the PMs being so f'ed up lately, I hope it goes through! :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i have not been getitng any PMs about it all........and im still confused about who to send the picks to....
Throughout the NFL season the following divisions will play each other.

AFC East vs. NFC North

AFC West vs. NFC West

AFC South vs. NFC East

AFC North vs. NFC South

Because of this, if your NFL Roshambo game is at...

an AFC East team, you will pm the NFC East division leader (sp0rtsguy13)

an AFC West team you will pm the NFC South division leader (HedleyLamaar)

an AFC South team you will pm the NFC North division leader (gw)

an AFC North team you will pm the NFC West division leader (squeaks4)

an NFC North team you will pm the AFC South leader (OB33)

an NFC West team you will pm the AFC North leader (kingsss)

an NFC East team you will pm the AFC East leader (Bills2005)

an NFC South team you will pm the AFC West leader (J.R.

On Tuesday, after all the games picks have been reported, the division leader will post the winner in this thread. You will need to send him 5 picks, and what order for each to pick to avoid a tie. In the rare occurence that all 5 picks are the same order, a tie will be reported.

So you will pm HedleyLamarr in week 1

saBS.png

Archived