need help with a bear

leggman01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

making the head "fatter" was the key thing with this. It looks much more like a bear now. Before I saw more of a dog with bear ears. Now I look at it and know its a bear. The ferocity is also improved. Well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

This has come a million miles since the first rendition. I think if you're looking for more ferocity and realism, you could still add some rough edges around the outside (without going into the lumpy effect) by making the outline skinnier and adding tufts of hair/uneven lines, similar to the Chicago Bears logo.

chicago_bears_logo_175.jpg

But if you're going for a sleeker, more stylized logo (like the Baylor one posted on the first page), I think you're already on the right track.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

better, worse or indifferent?

Love it. This is a great thread - the evolution of a logo.

I would suggest sharpening or straightening the upper corners of the mouth. Right now, the lips seem to come down over the teeth on the corners and it looks a little less like it's baring it's teeth than it could.

For example, look at the upper corners of the Chicago and Baylor bears posted previously. It might help give it more of a snarl.

But, again, looks great as is. ^_^

I would drape one side of the face in shadow to give it some depth, some drama, and some extra sweetness. If there's one thing I learned from this, it's that head on renderings are difficult, and exact symmetry is boring and flat.

mediaguideA.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I would drape one side of the face in shadow to give it some depth, some drama, and some extra sweetness. If there's one thing I learned from this, it's that head on renderings are difficult, and exact symmetry is boring and flat.

funny you show the piedmont logo...the logo is for the fantasy team managed by the piedmont contact that asked you to do the pc logo (hence the colors)

as i finished up the changes last night, i started to think about how i might incorporate some shadows...it's much easier said than done, though, especially with my limited talent set :)

jldesigns404eo.png

It works a little bit, but bring the black into the shading and connect it with the black outline to reduce the number of colors. Any of Andrew's logos illustrate this.

Amazing progress that you've made here. After looking at this for a minute, I would say that the only thing I would still tinker with is the eyes. They still look a little softened to me...like "he's the angry bear but with a heart of gold." I don't know what you might do to tinker with it...maybe add some definition lines under the eyes, make him look a little wizened, angrier, etc? Maybe the shading will produce the same effect.

Its definitely getting there. I would just work on the shading some more (the right side is a little Ultimate Warrior-esque in appearance right now). The eyes could use some work as well. With the new shading, they lose some of the fierceness.

Keep going on it, it will turn into a great portfolio piece.

Man, that last version really pops. I can make one comment on the eyes. The white highlights in the pupils - they should be in the same part of the pupil in each eye. Right now one is in the center left and the other in the upper left. Just make them the same and make sure they stay on the left sideof the pupils since your shadows suggest that's where your light is coming from.

You know, I have been working on a similar bear logo. I think I'm just going to have to shelf it for now :grin:

LT

Archived