need help with a bear

leggman01

This logo just keeps getting better. I like the new shadowing on the side of the face. However, there is something about the shadow on the nose Im not sure about. The eyebrow also looks a little wierd. Kinda like the bear has a unibrow. Other than that I really like how this logo is improving. Good job.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the comments, critiques and help with this logo...i'm going to step back for a day or 2 and leave it alone...i'm not completely feeling it yet, and i'm not sure why - i know the eyes need some work, especially with the new shading - maybe some time away will give me some inspiration...it's close, though, and i have all the posts on this thread to thank for that

jldesigns404eo.png

I love how this looks. My only lingering thought is that the snout on the nose may be a bit wide. But other than that job well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Legman,

Your last two tweaks/renditions have produced a top quality looking logo.

Nice work - :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

bear825fe1.png

a little time away has really helped this logo greatly...i think this MIGHT be the final version, as I am VERY happy with where it is

thanks for all of the outstanding feedback to this point, if you've got more, bring it!

jldesigns404eo.png

bear825fe1.png

a little time away has really helped this logo greatly...i think this MIGHT be the final version, as I am VERY happy with where it is

thanks for all of the outstanding feedback to this point, if you've got more, bring it!

Wow....great progress....

The only thing that is bugging me with this concept is the squared of shape below the ear. Try making that come to a point. Also, the detail lines in the snout are too thin compared to the rest of the concept, along with the notch in his right ear (our left).

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

gamecock - thanks for the last round of c&c...i think it helped tremendously - made all changes except to the notch in the ear - i don't want that to overpower the concept...just be a little piece of it, and i didn't like how it looked when i enlarged it

this MIGHT be done!

bear825as8.png

and here is the original

pinecrest30zq1.png

thanks for all of the help...this is a SWEET logo now

jldesigns404eo.png

See, I can tell you don't want the notch in the ear to overpower the concept because it's so small. But, that always backfires because it's so small that it looks like a flaw. I would completely get rid of it because it looks a lot better without. Honestly, I like it better without the nose wrinkle as well. The line weight of the wrinkle isn't consistent with the rest of the image. If it were me, I might go for even more drama with the black shadow, to get more black-green balance.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

tempest...you were right on the ear...removed the notch, and it looks better - i thickened the lines on the nose...it just didn't look right without them, and i can't get the nose to look right with a shadow on the right side

mings, here is my rudimentary wordmark...my computer crashed a few weeks ago, so i lost all of my fonts and haven't restored all of them yet, so i'm limited, but i like the serifs on the bears and i like the lake of serif's on the pinecrest - our league uses just helmets, so a wordmark isn't crucial for me - i also lost my helmet template in the computer crash, and haven't been able to find a blank raster helmet that sync's up with those in our league...i'm going to have to create one by tracing an existing helmet

bear8wdmk25xp2.png

jldesigns404eo.png

I understand I'm contributing pretty late in the game here, but I suggest you stand back about two metres from the screen and blur your eyes a little so the lines are no longer clear? just take in the shading. Does it make the head look round?

In my opinion, there's some shading missing from the forehead that currently makes it look (from two metres away) too flat on top. If it were up to me (and it sure isn't), I'd consider bringing the dark shadow at the top of the forehead down a little to follow the brow shape (which might just look absolutely crap, by the way :P).

I don't know; it's the only thing about the head that is a bit... off to me.

What a perfect example of the power of constructive criticism: the logo looks insane. Good stuff.

Wordmark-wise, I'd consider significantly enlarging the word "BEARS", perhaps using a Phoenix-Coyotes esque drop-caps style (where the 'B' and 'S' would enclose the word PINECREST).

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

bearhelmetqh6.png

here it is on a helmet...the owner is really pleased with the bear, so i'm pretty much done making changes

kit...i tried to make some of the changes you suggested, but in the end they didn't look right...might have been poor execution, but it just didn't look right...the logo was dominated by too much black, in my eyes

jldesigns404eo.png

bearhelmetqh6.png

here it is on a helmet...the owner is really pleased with the bear, so i'm pretty much done making changes

kit...i tried to make some of the changes you suggested, but in the end they didn't look right...might have been poor execution, but it just didn't look right...the logo was dominated by too much black, in my eyes

Dude, kickass job. You really managed to make a great looking logo, and i love the colors. Green and black are underused these days.

Archived