Football Uniforms Past And Present, the site

DJSpeedy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually, i think it would be good to show the left side and the right side of each helmet (at least since the plastic era (c. late 40's)). we too often see the right side of the helmet, but not the left side. so i'm all for nick 1733 showing two helmets, but from both sides.

Great idea, since the Steelers helmet has a different look on each side and others may go that route someday. The template should be fully informative even to someone with absolutely no knowledge of the uniform shown. In other words, 9X% of people may know the Steelers helmet only has a logo on one side but a template should show both sides for whatever percentage doesn't know.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh yes, I've done it. I made it SO much better. Just compare the shoulder pads and the upper body to the old one and you can see it. It took some tinkering and hard work, but I finally did it. Here's the end result.

ARI-Sample-2006.gif

Nick, that's some friggin' awesome stuff! Any update on your site yet? I'd love to see one for the other leagues like the USFL and...well, the USFL would be enough for me!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Oh yes, I've done it. I made it SO much better. Just compare the shoulder pads and the upper body to the old one and you can see it. It took some tinkering and hard work, but I finally did it. Here's the end result.

ARI-Sample-2006.gif

Nick, that's some friggin' awesome stuff! Any update on your site yet? I'd love to see one for the other leagues like the USFL and...well, the USFL would be enough for me!

OK, it's not the same standard of graphics, but this site has them

http://www.oursportscentral.com/usfl/usfluni.php

Maybe someone could make a project out of it.

Say, have a number of people commit to using the same template and doing a few each.

I could do a couple.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Is there any particular reason the NBA, NFL and NHL don't do this on their own? Dressed to the Nines is a terrific resource and I just don't get why the other leagues don't supply images of past uniforms.

Their respective media departments could put this stuff together. I know they have graphics interns that need things to do. Why can't this be done?

Dressed to the Nines is a terrific resource up through the completion of Marc Okkonen's book. After that it is a missed opportunity , showing merely the home and away jerseys, and neglecting to show a single alternate jersey reducing what must be one of the most colorful era's in baseball history to nothing more than drab gray and white.

Full credit to all who work to keep the football uniforms not only online but updated. I know who much the loss of NHLuniforms.com would kill me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks for that link, I have that saved on my favorites already.

What I was mainly wondering I suppose is does anyone have the 2003-2006 (soon to be 2007) uniform data base? Has anyone tried to create one? I'd imagine it would be a bit easier only because the last 5 years vs the last 50, and many pictures available.

I know in the logos section there are some uniform pics, but not all the teams have been done yet :( and it's been over a year

Thanks

Archived