Yakima Sunkings

cyandlux

The team is owned by natives, how can the real logo be considered rascist? Your design is native inspired, by your rationale, how is it NOT rascist considering you're not native?

Apparently rascism is a term defined at your discretion.

I don't find either logo offensive, but I shake my head at your definition of "rascist".

Im 1/16 Omaha. Way to assume! My Grandfather lived on a reservation, he fought in WWII, any questions?

How about offensive and trite?

The team is owned by natives, how can the real logo be considered rascist? Your design is native inspired, by your rationale, how is it NOT rascist considering you're not native?

I don't find either logo offensive, but I shake my head at your definition of "rascist".

Im 1/16 Omaha. Way to assume! My Grandfather lived on a reservation, he fought in WWII, any questions?

So let me get this straight: Your great great grandfather was Omaha and fought in WWII. Therefore, by way of your incidental Native ancestry, you are now all of a sudden an expert on all Native American culture and reserve judgement on what is or isn't rascist and offensive. Like I said initially, rascism is at your discretion.

Being 1/16 Omaha (which I highly doubt) doesn't give you the right to be obnoxious and play the race card. 1/16 doesn't make you native either.

If you were at all sensitive to these people or in touch with Native culture you wouldn't describe Yakama art as "run of the mill Indian stuff". That's a pretty offensive statement you made and dare I say a little rascist.

I'll be happy to put this to bed now, but please think before you throw these terms around.

DEATH TO REEBOK

So let me get this straight: Your great great grandfather was Omaha and fought in WWII. Therefore, by way of your incidental Native ancestry, you are now all of a sudden an expert on all Native American culture and reserve judgement on what is or isn't rascist and offensive. Like I said initially, rascism is at your discretion.

Being 1/16 Omaha (which I highly doubt) doesn't give you the right to be obnoxious and play the race card. 1/16 doesn't make you native either.

If you were at all sensitive to these people or in touch with Native culture you wouldn't describe Yakama art as "run of the mill Indian stuff". That's a pretty offensive statement you made and dare I say a little rascist.

I'll be happy to put this to bed now, but please think before you throw these terms around.

Wow, way to get way off topic. How about this term - your a dick? Heard that before? Probably just about all the time.

sunkings.gif

Either logo? Who threw that in there?

I say Im :censored:ing Omaha Im :censored:ing Omaha you :censored:ing prick. What the :censored:!?! Why would I say that? Its cool to be Omaha? You :censored:ing idiot. Like its cool to be a prick like you? Do you want the :censored:ing links to prove it?? I dont feel I need to prove :censored: to you! Its all documented online. My parents are going to the Powwow from Vegas to the reservation next week you dumb :censored:. Why the :censored: would they do that? For their health? No, to see where my (God rest his soul) grandfather grew up you dick!

PS I threw in the WWII to be funny

I just thought saying it was racist was the right thing to say, but, hey, I wont apologize for saying it. The logos a bit out of line, but just because Native Americans own the team doesnt mean their best interests are that of Native Americans.

Being 1/16 Omaha (which I highly doubt)....just like I highly doubt you have a leg to stand on or a dick to piss with.

I wasnt trying to play some holy high roller holier than though crap, I just said what I thought, if you think a basketball with a feather in its headband is a great way to portray Native Americans than so be it, I just dont see eye to eye with you on that. But dont question my :censored:ING HERITAGE YOU :censored:!

And this concludes why I dont post here much anymore.

Dont make this :censored: about me. I dont know how that happened. Stay on topic peeps, its not hard, its not MTV with its flashing lights and hip disco music, but come on keep pace. Its about the artwork and the C&C. I, I and I alone think its offensive and trite, you want to argue semantics theres a board for that, maybe make a fancy poll no one will ever care about, I dont care, but please dont be a jerk about my ancestory, whether you agree with 1/16 or not (the US government disagrees with you) but dont be a jerk.

I get it....jealousy comes in all forms. Im flattered. But dont try to take me down a peg to make your concepts look better by comparison, you got my goat and now I look like an idiot, I wont let it happen again. Thanks for posting, have a nice day.

I like the improvements with less colors, but my biggest problem is the use of the NW Coast look. Yakama's are Plateau Indians not NWC. Its a different culture region and they didn't really use that style of art. They did trade with the Natives on the west side of the Cascades, but they were more influenced by the northern Plains tribes.

Off my historical soap box... I do like the improvements. :P

i was gonna say something about it, but i forgot. its true though maybe if yakima was in western washington id be more fitting. i doubt yakama had any real recognizable art forms.

Trek, to verify that statement, you'd need to spend time in Yakima. Not necessarily something I'd recommend. :P

Cyan, it's a great looking logo, but the more I look at it, the more it does remind me of coastal indian art.

Question. Not to take anything away from the indian heritage, but is there anything that says it HAS to have the native american flair?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

ahem

I wasn't trying to flame or vex but the rascist thing bothered me and I thought I'd call your bluff. I'm sorry now that I did that. It was a little rude of me to do this in the open. I apologize for that and I'm sorry for highjacking your thread. Why don't we put this in the past as it's really not that important.

and keep those concepts coming :D

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived