Cleaning up my school's logo.

TurnTwo

My school has recently decided rather than changing their primary logo, they will be returning to the one used in the 1960's.

I volunteered to help recreate it based on an image from an old program.

Here's what I came up with but it is not yet near completion.

You can see the image I was given to work with in the bottom right.

bluedevilretro.png

C&C please on how to finish this up.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

I say go simple. Work with just the A with the devil horns in the middle. Show them how that would look as a Primary. With a few tweaks, that A would be a great logo.

the arms need a lot of work - while they look similar to the old logo, they don't look good - they're both out of proportion and at odd angles - the right ear also looks a bit odd, but this brings me to an important question:

do they want you to simply re-create or modernize?

if they're asking you to re-create, it appears that you're pretty close with a few tweaks

if your modernizing, using the old logo as a basis, i think there are a number of things that could/should be done

the outline should be thicker and bolder

the arms/hands should be proportional and more realistic

the devil should lose the pennant and wield the trident in a more menacing manner

this logo should be used as a secondary mark and the "A" should be the primary :)

jldesigns404eo.png

I think they want me to re-create and modernize with subtle tweaks.

So far, I've changed the trident, and widened the horns. Improvement? I was also thinking of making the tail blue.

bluedevilretro2.png

Something will be done about the hands and arms, don't worry.

C&C.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

In addition to all the talk about the hands, I think you need to have some kind of fingers distinguished from the bunch. You can slightly see it on the smaller, old logo, but throwing it on there would probably complete it.

Other than that, it looks like you did a good job.

Like the others said the fix the hands and arms but there are also a few other things i would change.

-The tail seems to low to me.

-The ears are a bit to big hes not and elf.

- The neck looks just weird.

- The right arm coming out of his stomach should be fixed

- The curve on the back of his head and his jawline don't work well together, it almost looks like the back of his head comes to a point if you were to be able to see through his ear-

Otherwise, it's a definite improvement

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

• 2 weeks later...
My guess is the logo from the 60s was handmade. Why don't you try hand sketching it? It will give it a little bit more life that MS Paint can.

He's not sketching it. He is using Illustrrautor, i'm pretty sure, not MS Paint.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out - the orange inside of the A on the football helmet and the jersey looks a lot like a heart, something that shouldn't be anywhere NEAR a football logo.

If the school's called the Devils I'd try to make the logo a little meaner. Right now he looks like Cupid with horns and a trident.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived