Most depressing sports memories

usahockeyrube

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2007 Outback Bowl.

Somebody keep all the sharp objects and strong narcotics away from oz....c'mon man at least the Vols went to New Year's Day game as opposed to none, Mighty Middle went to a bowl and as disappointing missing the playoffs is for Titans fans at least we see progress as opposed the misiery that surrounded the end of last season.

But the Vols crumble like day old coffee cake in the second half today.

RobbyBox2.jpg

#1: Falcons losing Super Bowl XXXIII. As a little kid that killed me.

#2: Falcons losing NFC Championship Game in 2004. I was sad, but I figured it would be a building block. Look how that turned out.

#3: Michael Jordan bouncing the Hornets out of the playoffs and out of the Central Division on a regular basis. I love MJ, just not when he played the Hornets.

#4: Braves losing that 18 inning game to the Astros. Idk why, but that loss in the Divisionals hurt more than any other.

Chiefs/Colts divisional playoffs, 2003 season. I was at the game and I still hate the fact that if it wasn't for Tony G's push-off and Holmes' fumble KC could have won. It just seemed like a dream season flushed down the toilet.

#1, undoubtedly is 1993, the departure of the Minnesota North Stars.

Others include:

1st round loss for #1 Wisconsin hockey in 2000 (could have been great year with the rose bowl and the final 4).

Vikings lose 1998 NFC Championship game

North Stars run out of steam and lose in 1991 finals.

T-Wolves lose to Lakers in 2004 Conference Finals

Just went back through this to see what I had put. I totally forgot one. The untimely retirement (and later the death) of Kirby Puckett. That retirement was always just below the North Stars move.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived