Most depressing sports memories

usahockeyrube

1993 NHL Confrence Finals Leafs vs. Kings, The missed call on number 99!

The leafs missing the playoffs last season, Loosing in the 2005 PYC Championship game of an own goal by one of our defencemen.

Lossing in the 2006 PYC semi's in the silver goal, after scoring twice that game in under a minute.

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The year the 76ers beat the the Raptors in the eastern finals. If Carter had hit that last second 3 pointer the Raptors would have made it to the NBA finals.

That was the eastern conference Semi-Finals. However, they probably would have made it to the finals if they knocked off the 1st seeded 76ers.

FOR ME (a Cleveland Fan born in 1992) these are some of the only cleveland memories I REMEMBER.

Cavaliers vs. Pistons playoff loss(es)

l1908484.jpg

2003 Browns wild card Playoff loss

t1_ward_all.jpg

Im young and i didnt start paying attention to sports on tv until i was about, 10 (2002/03)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 3 months later...

Today, when the Titans blew and opportunity to get in the playoffs,and yes i know we had that horrible start, and a very strong finish ,but when the teams that you needed to lose did and don't win your game,it really hurts.

#1: people's reaction to iverson's crossover of jordan

#2: the death of defense in basketball

#3: iverson's "you talkin bout practice" speech

#4: lions since well...the lions

#5: being second in the big ten and still being the number two team until...

#6: an sec team gets an extra game to go from 2 to 1 in their conference and 4 to 2 in the bcs

#7: spurs over pistons

#8: horry's game winning threes for the lakers (all of them)

#9: horry's game winning threes for the spurs (all of them)

#10: its crazy, but everytime i hear about how eli manning is a "developing qb" i die a little inside.

1994 Eastern Conference Finals.

New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils

Game 7

Madison Square Garden

Mother Fu*kin' Stephan Matteau.......

Assh*le....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

- 2005 NBA Finals game 7

- 2005 Alamo Bowl - Why didn't Tyler Ecker pitch the ball? And why wasn't there a penalty for Nebraska running out on the field?

- 1998 or 99 I think. week 17, the Lions, yes the Detroit Lions would have made the playoffs with a win, but the bears beat them on a last second field-goal

- Being a lions fan is depressing

- Michigan- Michigan State game in I think 2001. The clock was at zero when state snapped the ball, but they didn't blow the whistle. T.J. Duckett caught a TD pass to win it.

-Florida-Ohio State National Championship Game- I usually cheer for the Big Ten teams, but it is hard to cheer for Ohio State. On one hand, an Ohio State win would make all of the people who are on the SEC's nuts shut the :censored: up, and see that the Big Ten is the best conference. It would also show that the BCS made the wrong decision in picking Florida when they get blown out. At the same time, I hate to see OSU win. It will be a lose-lose situation for me

MegatronSig2.jpg

- Michigan- Michigan State game in I think 2001. The clock was at zero when state snapped the ball, but they didn't blow the whistle. T.J. Duckett caught a TD pass to win it.

that's not depressing at all, that's called "elation".

Going to sleep after hearing Hideki Matsui's double in the 2003 ALCS, thinking that the Red Sox have won it. And then waking up in the morning and finding out the Yankees won.

Giving up a winning touchdown to our high school football rivals (who we haven't beaten in at least 8 years), with 3:33 seconds in the game, in the playoffs. that one sucked.

2006 NLCS Game 7, watching Beltran go down looking. Oh man. Those curveballs were sick if I remember correctly.

1985 World Series: Bad call at first, then the subsequent Cardinals' meltdown the following evening. I was at both games, and I didn't get over it until the 2006 WS. I may not have gotten over it, anyway.

1987, Football Cardinals leave St. Louis: Got over that when the Rammies came to town.

Super Bowl 36: Ouch!

Last week's Bengals game against Denver. Blown oppurtunities after blown oppurtunities culminating in the biggest one of all, a botched PAT to tie the game and send it to overtime. I've never been so mad because of a sporting event in my life.

This week's Bengals game against Pittsburgh. Once again blown oppurtunities after blown oppurtunities culminating in the biggest one of all, a missed field goal to win the game after some of the worst clock management I have ever seen. Then poor tackling allows Santonio Holmes to win it in overtime. If either one of those two kicks had gone in the Bengals would be in the playoffs. I guess it's for the best, a team that can't win when they need to doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Sometimes being a bengals fan drives me absolutey batty. This team should not be 8-8. Give them the 5 games they easily could of won and you're looking at a team that is 13-3 and hosting the playoffs. Drives me crazy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Last week's Bengals game against Denver. Blown oppurtunities after blown oppurtunities culminating in the biggest one of all, a botched PAT to tie the game and send it to overtime. I've never been so mad because of a sporting event in my life.

This week's Bengals game against Pittsburgh. Once again blown oppurtunities after blown oppurtunities culminating in the biggest one of all, a missed field goal to win the game after some of the worst clock management I have ever seen. Then poor tackling allows Santonio Holmes to win it in overtime. If either one of those two kicks had gone in the Bengals would be in the playoffs. I guess it's for the best, a team that can't win when they need to doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Sometimes being a bengals fan drives me absolutey batty. This team should not be 8-8. Give them the 5 games they easily could of won and you're looking at a team that is 13-3 and hosting the playoffs. Drives me crazy.

Man that is depressing, If Shayne Graham makes that field goal(my brother told me he would miss it because CBS showed the replay of last weeks game) the Bengals are in. Denver lost and kansas City won, which was one of the scenarios that the Bengals needed.

Archived