Baltimore Mighty Ducks

BrianVlietDesign

Years ago, I had always dreamed that the Mighty Ducks (now Anaheim Ducks), would move to Baltimore, Maryland and restore hockey in the city. Well, here is my rendition of the franchise if this took place. A completely different look, with familar colors. The primary logo by the way is supposed to be a Duck shaped into a "B". My I present to you, the Baltimore Mighty Ducks:

23ur15g.png

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

not a fan of the shield. the font looks like it belongs to some emo band.

what's wrong with the shield logo? Well, I chose the font I did because I wanted something that I felt would make them "mightier" looking than what they had. Plus, I chose something that I thought would go well with the city of Baltimore.

I like it, it's pretty cool and a really nice start, that is, if you're going to continue working on it. I'm not a big fan of the alternate logo, it's a good concept, but not executed to the fullest. If the shield logo will be about the same size as most shoulder logos than the duck in the middle will be microscopic. So the question is; will the logo be bigger or will you make the duck bigger?

The jersey design itself is very nice. I don't know how big of a fan I am of the colors, though. Black and eggplant really don't look too well together as stand alone colors. But that's just me.

The primary logo could use some tweaks. For example, you made the beak outline white on the dark jersey, while it's black on the white jersey and in the logo presentation. I would suggest adding a crest to the logo. Keeping the logo as you present it and add a medium thick crest (white) around the entire logo. Also, since you are using black as a primary on the jerseys, you MIGHT want to try some outlines, or highlights using black withing the logo, perhaps around the feather area.

Finally, do not take anything that has been said as negativity. It's a great idea and I'd love to see it if you tweaked a few things about them. Great work. ^_^

The wordmark isn't very good - the font is all too similar and just reeks of "art gallery" or something to me. The only other thing that I can see that looks odd is the giant gray wing on the duck to help form the B - they just look more like motion lines than anything else.

Edited Mighty Ducks concept. Capn89 helped with an outline on the primary logo. I made the duck mask biggerinside the alternate logo and changed the font. Wordmark has changed as well. More editing may be made.

BaltimoreMightyDucksconcept.png

I really see nothing wrong with this, it just doesn't seem NHL like to me, it would look good if the Anaheim Ducks moved their AHL team from Portland, Maine to Baltimore, it looks very minor leaguish, but not NHL material

I really see nothing wrong with this, it just doesn't seem NHL like to me, it would look good if the Anaheim Ducks moved their AHL team from Portland, Maine to Baltimore, it looks very minor leaguish, but not NHL material

thanks for the compliments. even though it may look "minor league-ish".

Your dream, my nightmare.

Just kidding. The jersey is really good, but the logo looks more to me like a coiled-up snake. I know you tried to make it look like a duck, as well as a B, but it just isn't working for me.

I too think the font has emo overtones. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why you'd use a font that is neither neutral, nor similar to the wordmark to label the jerseys, logos etc.

It looks a lot better with the outlining. I like the new wordmark, but I have to be the odd man out here, I disagree with everyone who didn't like the original. It was quite unique and really does fit the city. When my girlfriend and I took a short vacation for my birthday in early June we made a day out of Baltimore and I think the original wordmark really fits. Good work. :)

Purple, black, silver... shield logo... hmm where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, the LA Kings. It's okay. I just think the jerseys and logo they switched from worked for me.

Purple, black, silver... shield logo... hmm where have I seen that before? Oh yeah, the LA Kings. It's okay. I just think the jerseys and logo they switched from worked for me.

Actaully, when making the shield, I was inspired by the Ravens Coat of Arms logo.

I hope you don't mind,but I'm a duck fan and I would like to use your idea and give my take on it.http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/33HOOLIGAN/HOCKEY/woodduckcopy-1.jpg]My Webpage

Not feeling the logo too much. Cool looking duck, but its not flying with me. The uniforms are good, but too Anaheim Duckish. Looks more like a minor league uniform.

WildWinger,

I love that duck/B crest. Quite nicely implemented, even if it does look a bit 70s-ish as some have suggested. Don't mind the striping pattern of those sweaters either.

liverpool-1.png

Archived