Montreal Canadiens

capn89

A lot of people don't like it when people mess with "classic" (Classic, by what seems to be most people's definitions as: old, unchanged, great simply because of no other reason than the aformentioned). I mean let's face it, no one ever calls anything new "classic" because a lot of people are tied to the past without any hope for the future. To each their own, though.

As for the Canadiens. In my personal opinion, they have a look that is entirely too boring. From my understanding, the Canadiens are the franchise that once wore a uniform that was all white, save for the logo and numbers. Oddly enough, through my many years of jersey designing I could never come up with anything I truly liked for Montreal. While digging through some files I found a concept that I had been working on but I stopped, most likely because of a lack of interest. Well I finished it up and I think it turned out pretty cool. It maintains a "classic" look with a touch of modern. It also has a "M" logo for the shoulders in similar style to the primary Canadiens logo.

HabsM.gif

CanadiensLay1.jpgCanadiensLay2.jpg

Feel free to tear me a new one.

I'm sure my response is echoed by all those who viewed but didn't post: It's a great looking jersey, just not for the Habs. I don't the M would work, though, even as an alternate logo on their current jerseys. Any sort of M would be too close to the logo of their gone-but-not-forgotten rivals, the Maroons.

I don't like it. While I agree the current Canadiens white is plain but their dark is anything but plain. With the famed body stripe they have one of the most unique looks in sports. With your concept it takes them from that to an ordinary run of the mill uniform. Because of that I'm not a fan.

This is sort of the response I expected. I realize most people hate it when teams that have been around "forever" get messed with. :P Nevertheless, thanks for the comments. :)

I agree with you, people get upset when the "classics" get fixed, and i truly don't understand it! This is the coolest jersey of the Habs i've ever seen! Please, keep up your good work. And as a request, i'd like to see the remaining 5!!!!!

Sorry, not liking it. The white jersey could be used for some sort of "future jersey" promotion, as the Habs whites have changed over the years. The red ones just don't work. You eliminated the blue body stripe, which is hockey's equivalent to the Yankees' pinstripes. You just don't mess with it.

So while the white one is ok, it could only work for a once or twice a year promo, while the reds just don't work. Sorry, they look nice, but there's a reason why the Habs havn't changed up their reds.

Better or not (which is all really opinion), I'm kind of (although I probably shouldn't be) shocked at how many people love the Canadiens' red jersey. Other than it being old, I don't see the style in it, other than it seeming dated. Although I'm sure if for some reason the Canadiens switched to something really off the wall and then won a few cups the "classics" would be long forgotten.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the comments. And to nwtrailtrekker, I'll see what I can do about making the helmets look a little different so that it's not the awkward side/back/front view.

I agree with you, people get upset when the "classics" get fixed, and i truly don't understand it! This is the coolest jersey of the Habs i've ever seen! Please, keep up your good work. And as a request, i'd like to see the remaining 5!!!!!

We are the VERY few :P I don't think I actually have the big files any more (I'll have the check some time) but these are three of the really old ideas I'd had. Kind of funky. Which is probably why I deleted the files. lol But they were in my earlier days so it's all good.

My%20Work%20--%20East-Northeast.jpg

I still think the Canadiens logo has "don't touch" written all over it. So of course, I can't really like anything that infringes on the Habs. But a pretty solid M logo there. I know, i'm a traditionalist when it comes to hockey, but what can ya do.

Archived