Return to the XFL!

Ben5

Wellllllllllcome to the XFL!!!

For all of you that don't remember, the XFL was a failed attempt by the WWF (now WWE) and NBC to make a spring football league. A number of rule changes tried to make the game more exciting, but they mainly made the players less safe. The first week had good rating, but in every Saturday night game after that, rating dropped drastically until they finally hovered at the bottom. After the first season, the league folded.

In this project, I have redone the uniforms for all 8 XFL teams. My self-imposed stipulations were that I had to use the original logos and the priginal colors for all the teams. I wanted each team to be unique and distinct from the other teams in the league. Over the next week and a half or so I will be putting all the uniforms in this thread. The direct link to the uni will be listed below, but my explanations and ideas behind my decisions will further down the thread.

Las Vegas Outlaws

Orlando Rage

Vegas baby, Vegas!

First on the block are the Las Vegas Outlaws. Vegas was home to one of the most (in)famous players in the XFL, Ron "He Hate Me" Smart. Smart currently plays for the Panthers, but you still cannot get that nickname on the back of an NFL jersey.

The Outlaws had a cool thing going with the double stripe on the pants. I liked it, and incorporated it into this concept. I also went with a two color shoulder stripe similar to the Rams. C&C is greatly appreciated.

LVOutlaws.gif

Vegas baby, Vegas!

First on the block are the Las Vegas Outlaws. Vegas was home to one of the most (in)famous players in the XFL, Ron "He Hate Me" Smart. Smart currently plays for the Panthers, but you still cannot get that nickname on the back of an NFL jersey.

The Outlaws had a cool thing going with the double stripe on the pants. I liked it, and incorporated it into this concept. I also went with a two color shoulder stripe similar to the Rams. C&C is greatly appreciated.

LVOutlaws.gif

The XFL is BA-A-AAACCKKK!!!

Had to go with He Hate Me huh? Nah, just messin...

...About the shoulder stripes, methinks it may look a little better if they were red and black, to match the striping on the pants. And also, I see the collar ribbing on the black jersey is gold, but the sleeve ribs are red. I'd change those to gold, too, as well as black ribs on the white shirts.

But that's just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

And I actually like the wordmark on the fronts of the jerseys. With some teams that actually works. This is one of them. True, to some that looks a bit "high school-ish" or a little "too collegiate", but I think it works.

Let's see what else you got going in your series. What a coincidence..we both got our own lil' series running concurrent with each other...

By the way, congrats on the Bengals' victory over the Redskins. (Neva did like the 'Skins, PLUS my boys Chad from MIA and Rudy from AU up on your squad now...that's a PLUS.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looks really good so far. Just a couple of things bugging me:

- The sleeve logo ... it just doesn't look right without the LV between the horns.

- I think you have the shadows over top of the numbers, so the numbers wind up looking a little strange, like there's some kind of bevel effect on them.

But that's it. You know, for all the crappy football in the XFL, they did have some cool logos and unis. Can't wait to see what else you do with 'em.

...About the shoulder stripes, methinks it may look a little better if they were red and black, to match the striping on the pants.  And also, I see the collar ribbing on the black jersey is gold, but the sleeve ribs are red.  I'd change those to gold, too, as well as black ribs on the white shirts.

But that's just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

And I actually like the wordmark on the fronts of the jerseys.  With some teams that actually works.  This is one of them.  True, to some that looks a bit "high school-ish" or a little "too collegiate", but I think it works.

Let's see what else you got going in your series.  What a coincidence..we both got our own lil' series running concurrent with each other...

By the way, congrats on the Bengals' victory over the Redskins.  (Neva did like the 'Skins, PLUS my boys Chad from MIA and Rudy from AU up on your squad now...that's a PLUS.)

Yeah, I had to think about the stripes for a while. I decided the color that I didn't use on the stripes would be on the collar and sleeves. Before all is said and done, it may be changed. For the wordmark, I agree with you. In some cases it works great. In others, not so much. I'm not sure off the top of my head, but I think only 2 or 3 teams in this series use.

There are 3 things that really give me joy: football season (just underway), Reno 911! (smack dab in the middle of the season), and a good series going, whether it be mine or some else's.

As for the Bengals, thanks for the congrads but it was just a preseason game. I do think people are not taking them as serious as they should be in the division. The Steelers lost a lot, Steve McNair is old and brittle, and the Browns are the Browns. Carson should be back in full form before we play the Super Bowl chumps, and we added some more depth in the secondary, what should have been a first round LB, and a big body on the D line. I heard your Bucs may be going to the creamsicles for Thanksgiving. Woo wooooo!

Looks really good so far. Just a couple of things bugging me:

- The sleeve logo ... it just doesn't look right without the LV between the horns.

- I think you have the shadows over top of the numbers, so the numbers wind up looking a little strange, like there's some kind of bevel effect on them.

But that's it. You know, for all the crappy football in the XFL, they did have some cool logos and unis. Can't wait to see what else you do with 'em.

Oh yeah, I didn't notice that bevel look before. It is not intentional. I will try to correct it in the future concepts.

Thanks for the C&C so far guys. If any other XFL fans out there have an opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Man, I loved the XFL. I hated that SI and ESPN just dumped on it. I thought it had real potential and was a great football alternative. What a shame.

And "The Big Game at the End." Priceless.

Good job on this and good luck in the future. I can't wait to see the Memphis Maniaxx.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As for the Bengals, thanks for the congrads but it was just a preseason game. I do think people are not taking them as serious as they should be in the division. The Steelers lost a lot, Steve McNair is old and brittle, and the Browns are the Browns. Carson should be back in full form before we play the Super Bowl chumps, and we added some more depth in the secondary, what should have been a first round LB, and a big body on the D line. I heard your Bucs may be going to the creamsicles for Thanksgiving. Woo wooooo!

One can only hope...let's hope my cousin breaks through the old man's senile dome...

Sentiment around Steeltown USA is they gon be repeating and steamrollin again. We'll see...but you getta remember, the good faithful in this city attach their entire EXISTENCE to the fortunes of this team. They win, the world keeps spinning. They lose, and...let's just say attendance is down by like a quarter to 40%. And I don't just mean at school, either. And that's the least of it...

...Yes, I live here now, and yes, I might pull for the Steelers depending on who they're playing, but I've only been living here not even a year and I been a football fanatic my whole life, so who I pull for is who I BEEN pullin for. (Translation: GO BENGALS--until they play the Jags or the Bucs, in which case all bets are OFF. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Good choice to start with. I have an XFL Outlaws t-shirt at home, probably 1 of the 20 or so they sold for that league. <_<

Have to say that I think the old CFL Las Vegas Posse had one of the coolest team names ever.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I should be resisting this, but I'm paralyzed with rage... and island rhythms.

The next installment in the XFL project is the Orlando Rage. The main inspiration for the jerseys are obviously the Chargers. But unlike the men in blue, the Rage lightning pattern is not symetrical, so it makes for an interesting look. The original Rage jerseys had shoulder striping, so the lightning on the shoulder is also consistent with what they used to have (kinda). I dropped the ridiculous helmet stripe, as I did with most teams.

Without further ado, the Orlando Rage!

OrlandoRageFinal.gif

As always thanks for the C&C so far, and please keep it coming. Plus share any stories you have about the XFL. Did anyone actually go to a game?

Both concepts are great. :notworthy: But as a suggestion/preference, Why don't add a bolt to the pants for Orlando and add a inner white outline the bolts on the jersey tops.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived