Devereaux's Fine Dining

fiasco!

Joel, in the interest of honest, constructive criticism, I have to tell you that the graphics are throwing off a pretty substantial "bp" vibe.

If you're going to go with some sort of sublimated graphic to accompany the text, I might suggest working off of the forms of one of the wall sculptures the restaurant seems to feature. The one pictured below might be simple enough to do. Just a thought on my part.

soft%20seating%20empty.jpg

damn BP!

actually yale, we are on the same wavelength...there is a wall sculpture in the restaurant quite similar to the design element i used, just not shown on their (rather crappy) website. we'll see what the client thinks.

I like it .

I hate when a client writes a book on billboards.... Hello.... you have maybe 20 seconds to get your message across and that is if the driver or passenger are paying attention.

We have some boards locally that are so far from the road that even larger type is difficult to read and yet the amount of copy on them requires the text to be so small you have to squint to get just the basic idea of the board's message.

Aside from what Yale said about the BP thing...the only things I'd do would be to increase the size of the restaurant name (i think it's overwhelmed by the tagline) and reduce the size of the website, again to emphasize the restaurant's name more.

Nice looking board.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thinking again about the BP thing... is the green necessary? Can you achieve the same thing with another color?

actually, the green is necessary....i suppose not for the background. if it comes back for revisions, i may fiddle with the background color a bit and just make the restaurant name in that green.

Because of the designs in the corners, the "classiness" of the lettering, and the letter "D" with the word "forever" right in the middle, I instantly thought it was an ad for dimonds or a jewlery store. I guess the crystal shapes with the D and Forever just made my brain say "diamonds are forever". Perhaps if I was more familiar with the restaurant or from the area that the billboard was located I'd associate it differently, but at first glance that's what I thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I suppose the biggest issue I have is with the sans serif typeface. A bold, classic serif says 'fine dining' to me more than a clean, sleek sans, and a serif would have greater contrast when compared to the wordmark text.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived