U.s. & canada

JQK

Didn't the Canadian government actually try growing and selling it's own pot, but it turned out to be the worst dank in the history of weed?

Yes, Canada has always been the small mouse next to the 400lb gorilla, and i understand the need for Canada's own voice and identity. But instead of trying to find their own identity, they are just becoming Europe-West. It even looks like it. Quebec is an exact copy of France. Not only is it too good for America, it's too good for the rest of Canada...

Vancouver has become Little Amsterdam.

All Saskachewan needs to do is start invading Manitoba and Ontario and we'll soon have Little Germany.

Of course alot of the above is in jest, but the point i'm trying to make is serious. I understand the need for a national identity, but trying to europeanize your nation and saying "Tada, we're differnt" doesn't quite work.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

My "Canada Sucks" comments were out of line, i was making a statement out of a moment of rage.

I appreciate your willingness to admit this.

And don't worry, if Saskatchewan ever thought about getting rowdy, us Manitobans would shut 'em down real quick... :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

JQK, you said it the best.....They grew there own pot, who runs your country cheech?

Could you at least learn proper grammar before you take a shot?  I would respond accordingly, but I am afraid you would not understand all of the 's that I would be using.

who runs you're skool?  har har har

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

JQK, you said it the best.....They grew there own pot, who runs your country cheech?

Could you at least learn proper grammar before you take a shot? I would respond accordingly, but I am afraid you would not understand all of the 's that I would be using.

who runs you're skool? har har har

Hey their publik edgemacation is foine.... lol... yes they grew pot for medical purposes its not like they are funding government programs with it.... and as for europe-west i think thats a misconception... how is trying to be different from the states being more european...

and Sy.... Manitoba stop as Sask from getting rowdy.... hahahahahaha id becareful of us banjo playing farm boys...lol

and besides i think we have more Ukranians in Sask than Germans...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The thing I love about Canada is that we get the best of American culture, the best of British culture, and full helpings  Canadian culture (i.e. the Trailer Park Boys)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Just another fine Canadien institution...

to me, it's becoming a social trait up here, 'what do you think about Americans?" I'm in Norht Bay, a long ways from the border, and there are a fair share of people up here (German and Finnish and Saint Lucia exchance students also) from whome I hear at least once a week an American Joke. I don't know where it comes from, but it's come a staple of life. I don't think America is prefect, and i think Canada has it's share of big problems.

before i ramble on too long, the reason why we poke fun at otehr antions is to distract ourselves from the problems that are in our own...

that and it is funt o find out who has the best zinger :D

PS anyone who enjoys trailer Park Boys, check out Kevin Spencer at 11 after TPB, funny s***

i love my country to death. my uncle is in the RCAF and my family has a long history of service in the military. the supperiority thing is not true. we just feel we need to be our people and countrty. after the friendly fire inccedent in afganastan canada asked the states for an apology. thats all we asked. you know what america's response was? :censored: off. basically the american government was saying "we killed your troops so get over it because we are the great usa" i realy hope we do send troops into quebec if they try to seperate again.

I was reading the article (in the very first post). I found it interesting that they talked to Rick Mercer first. He did a special called "Talking to Americans" which I found very amusing. Now, as a Canadian, I feel hurt by those who insult this great country. But I think we are quite inferior to the US just because of the size of our population.

I think the best scenario for me is to live in a climate like California and have the health care system like Ontario! As for education, I have no idea what model I should use. Not Ontario because of the Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund (who owns the majority shares in the Maple Leafs BTW). I'll probably take Germany's because univeristy tuition, I hear, is non-existent.

I saw, I came, I left.

I'll probably take Germany's because univeristy tuition, I hear, is non-existent.

Yeah, but to qualify for University there you have to survive some pretty intense standardized testing... basically gr.11 and 12 over there are devoted to preparing for it.

Don't have a bad day on those test days.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You are correct Sy... i went out with two german exchange students (my buddies gave me the name hasselhoff because of it too, why... because germans love david hasselhoff...lol) but any way... they pretty much have to decide as early as grade 4 what they want to do in life then prepare from there... there are technical high schools for pretty much every profession so if you want to be an engineer you have to go to an "engineering" high school so u can prepare for university after... its pretty crazy actually

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I'd rather go through a rigorous, yet stable system that really tests your ablilities as opposed to what I went through in high school with strikes and everything. I also wished my high school had some decent technical programs like robot building or other practical things.

I would have loved to go to one of those "engineering" high schools in Germany seeing that I am an engineering student! Of course I wished I had taken German as well. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

I'd rather go through a rigorous, yet stable system that really tests your ablilities as opposed to what I went through in high school with strikes and everything. I also wished my high school had some decent technical programs like robot building or other practical things.

I would have loved to go to one of those "engineering" high schools in Germany seeing that I am an engineering student! Of course I wished I had taken German as well. :)

How old are ya?  where ya from?

Sounds like you had the same issues I did.

---

Chris Creamer

<font color='#FF0000'>

How old are ya? where ya from?

I'm 22 (23 come February!) and I'm from Mississauga: The model of suburbia! I guess you probably felt the same pain thorugh high school as I did!

Some might wonder what I'm doing on this board in the first place..... ??? So do I..... ???

Seriously, I have always loved sports logos and its was one of my first choices as a career. That and sports architecture! Unfortunately sometimes things did not turn out the way I wanted it to so I chose a field that I think I would make a career out of based on my real abilities. That's part one of my biography.... :D</font>

I saw, I came, I left.

How old are ya?  where ya from?

I'm 22 (23 come February!) and I'm from Mississauga:

Yup, we went through the same thing...  21 from Oshawa.

The constant High school strikes, the teacher's work to rule plan, and so on.

---

Chris Creamer

The constant High school strikes, the teacher's work to rule plan, and so on.

How much do you know about their pension fund?

Not a thing.

Let me fill you in......

http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/home

<a href="http://www.otpp.com/web....stments" target="_blank">http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/ListInvestments</a>

http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/Ov...50M_PrivateComp

http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/CompanyProfile

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived