Well, this certainly makes sense -- not

yh

The Montreal Expos are expected to announce either today or tomorrow that they will play 22 games in Puerto Rico in the 2004 season.  Unlike this past season, when some of the games occurred in September, all of the San Juan contests will take place prior to the All Star Break so as to give the Expos some semblance of a "home field advantage" for the September playoff races.  Oddly, one of the series to be played in Puerto Rico is the interleague matchup with Toronto.

Is the MLB that ignorant or is this just another slap in the face to its Canadian fans?

I agree JQK this has to end one way or another wherever they decide I dont care, but the Expos have to find a permanent home. Its unfair for the fan and the players, and them putting the games aginst the Jays in San Juan is so incredibl stupid.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In case noone noticed, this series is during Canada Day weekend.

This league is so full of crap, it's sickening, I'm having a hard time supporting the majors anymore.  How can they do this?!

I guess it's better to have 16,000 attend these games in P.R. than it is to have 18,000-23,000 attend these games in Montreal.... right?  ???

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

But I mean, god forbid an American team plays in Canada on Independence Day, Memorial Day, or 9/11... that would just be insane!  Oh well, we'll continue to wear the U.S. flag on our jackets every game, and on our caps 3 times a year. Oh yeah, we gotta keep singing God Bless America every Sunday!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

In case noone noticed, this series is during Canada Day weekend.

This league is so full of crap, it's sickening, I'm having a hard time supporting the majors anymore. How can they do this?!

I guess it's better to have 16,000 attend these games in P.R. than it is to have 18,000-23,000 attend these games in Montreal.... right? ???

THAT'S UTTER GARBAGE.

Montreal vs. Toronto on Canada Day Weekend: Great Idea.

IN PUERTO RICO??? WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE THEY THINKING?

To the aliens that abducted the brains of nearly everyone in Major League Baseball's Head Office... please return them ASAP... or bring them better ones... thanks.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Actually, the Expos are in Philadelphia on July 1 and the Jays are in Tampa Bay on July 1. The Jays vs. Expos series begins July 2.

Still, it's so f****** stupid!!!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente,

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

No sport has more idiocy then Basbeall it is like Bud Selig has no idea that fans are the reason the game makes money. just look at the fraudulant steroid policy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the lowdown:

Jayz vs Expos on Canada Day weekend: :cool:

Jayz vs Expos on Canada Day weekend in Puerto Rico: :angry:

aw heck, maybe the Maple Leafs and Habs could fill in, they'd draw more :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think it's about time MLB just pulls out of Canada all together. No one cares. All i've ever heard from either canadian team or their fans is bitching. Bitching about getting mistreated, bitching about what flag is on what hat, it's starting to get irritating. Now also, in all fairness, i must admit that the Jays should get a Canada Day game sometime this century, for :censored: sake, but also if they were to be playing, it would be in Montreal, the place that's so empty you could fart in Olympic Stadium and everyone could hear you. Also the stadium might just outright collapse. So Major League baseball was confronted with the issue of: (A) Playing in a place they are trying to distance themselves from, or (B) Pissing off Canadians once again.

Well, from the '94 strike we learned that MLB doesn't care about the fans, they assume they will always come back, and like sheep, we do. So it really was a no-brainer for the MLB'ers. The game is down to Puerto Rico, and Canadians feel ass-raped yet again by the great American game.

I frankly don't care... but i can see how it could piss some people off....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

As a devote fan of the BLUE Jays, this just makes me want to walk up the the MLB higher brass and smack them around. The Canadian Teams may not be the biggest fan base, or be the most loyal after some of the bone head things the teams have done, but this is just spit int he face. Conspiracy theorists can have a fun time here; lets not forget that the rest of the MLB are running the Expos...

It's things like this that drives Canadian fans mad, and then people wonder why Canadian fans think so low of Americans teams and fans.... :angry:

...people wonder why Canadian fans think so low of Americans teams and fans...

Yea, think low of our teams and fans because of the brass in Major League Baseball... that makes sense.

I don't even think baseball should be up in Canada, but i'll shut-up before lord & master gets pissed. (supressing anger.. i'm getting better at it...)

You have your 1 and 1/2 teams, soon to be 1 team, you stole 2 World Series from America, shut up, be proud, and just play the fu*king game.....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

...people wonder why Canadian fans think so low of Americans teams and fans...

Yea, think low of our teams and fans because of the brass in Major League Baseball... that makes sense.

I don't even think baseball should be up in Canada, but i'll shut-up before lord & master gets pissed. (supressing anger.. i'm getting better at it...)

You have your 1 and 1/2 teams, soon to be 1 team, you stole 2 World Series from America, shut up, be proud, and just play the fu*king game.....

We stole them???... news flash just because MLB tries saying that its America's Game doesnt mean it actually is... guess whos going to the Olympics for Baseball and guess who isnt... quick... need a hint... lol... im not saying baseball is Canada's game I'm just saying that there are better nations at Baseball that the US... although we are going to the Olympics and US isnt...  :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Like it or not,The Expos and Jays are a part of MLB, and as a Canadian fan, it's hard not to feel shafted by this move. It was inaccurate for me to say that it's American teams that are to blame, but looking at this, the outlook is that the league is favouring having Canadian teams play games against each other in Puerto Rico rather than in Canada

As for stealing World Series, the flip side of the coin says that American teams have stolen alot more Stanley Cups than Canadians have World Series

Archived