Anaheim Ducks Logo

beesharps

There is nothing wrong with the Ducks' new look. In fact, it's OUTSTANDING! Although I do agree that the oval alternate logo would resolve the empty space arguments.

VmWIn6B.png

I don't think it is a real logo because it's not on their website or any official merchandise. The media seems to be using the D out of necessity because the wordmark makes such a terrible icon.

D or no D the ducks still suck in the identity dept - if you can call a badly drawn wordmark an identity. The new look is generic and uninspired and Black has been done to death.

It's interesting how the Sabres lost the black unis and the Ducks decided to go with them. It makes me wonder if the NHL has a black uniform quota they try to maintain.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Re the new Ducks logo for this season:

I was watching local TV News last night (Global BC in Vancouver), and on their NHL scoreboard graphic, they still had the old "Donald Duck mask" logo for Anaheim.

Seems like there's always one place still left-behind using old logos, and Global-BCTV was it. They likely won't change it, because they likely aren't even aware of the change (my shot against their sports dept).

Also, if you watch the Ducks' own miniTV recap show 'Ducks TV', they use the D for graphics. Looks like their slowly correcting their error. I say a D jersey in 3 years.

I see the "D jersey" being predominantly orange, as well. The Ducks broadcasters were really trying to play up the slogan "the orange curtain", and I know they were giving away orange shirts at the opening of the Honda Center the other night. Next year the 3rd jerseys are being suspended, and then they're coming back for the 08-09 season. I'd expect something then. Let's see some prototypes from you graphics guys on here. I don't have any skills, so I can only ask.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived