Gillette Stadium & the Boston Rebels

DGivens87

So I went to the Revolution game Saturday night and the walls and field were all Boston Rebeled-out, and I was like YEAH WHATEVER!!!

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/index.jsp

Click to view the video highlights from the October 14 game, Crew at Revolution, to see the new look.

Seriously though...I kinda like it.

It looks cool now, but it's going to be stupid during the playoff game on the 28th. That stupid background is going to be there, and the Krafts refuse to fix the damn field.

Not only will the pitch not be tended to until after the first round playoff match vs. Chicago, but the movie filming will continue until Nov. 1 and the Krafts will actually be re-sodding the field after the Revs game.

And to boot - NESN is reporting that the Krafts might be switching to field turf next year.

patriotssignature.png

Gillette converting to some sort of artificial surface ... it's not without precedent.

Giants Stadium replaced the old-school AstroTurf with trays of grass. They couldn't take the pounding of two NFL teams' worth of home seasons. Hence, artificial surface, albeit a better version, replaced the grass trays.

Paul Brown Stadium and PSINet/Ravens/M&T Bank Stadium are two other places where grass eventually gave way to artificial surfaces.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Who are the Boston Rebels?

The ficitional team that the Rock plays QB for in the movie being shot at Gillette.

And btw, I hope the Krafts don't install FieldTurf at Gillette, for the simple fact that I hate watching soccer being played on artificial turf (a la NY Red Bulls). It just makes for unnatural bounces and passes.

There was no problem with the turf at Gillette until late last year. There were CERTAINLY no field problems at the dinosaur that was Foxboro Stadium. Modern technology? It's called Bill Belichick wanting the turf fluffed up. To think otherwise is foolish.

And on a sidenote, Foxboro did have AstroTurf in the 80s, and I believe it was removed after the 1991 season.

I read on a Patriots message board that the Field Turf will be installed after the Colts game this year.

Great, if that's the case that means i'll be going to the last grass game at Gillette. I hope they don't instal FieldTurf. It may look like grass, may feel slightly like grass, but there's nothing like a good football game on natural turf. If they're just letting the field go to crap for reasons of shooting a movie that's one thing but they've had that field look amazing before, and can again. If they're gonna install artificial turf they might as well put a roof up as well cause there's no point in an open-air stadium if the field is fake.

Who are the Boston Rebels?

The ficitional team that the Rock plays QB for in the movie being shot at Gillette.

And btw, I hope the Krafts don't install FieldTurf at Gillette, for the simple fact that I hate watching soccer being played on artificial turf (a la NY Red Bulls). It just makes for unnatural bounces and passes.

There was no problem with the turf at Gillette until late last year. There were CERTAINLY no field problems at the dinosaur that was Foxboro Stadium. Modern technology? It's called Bill Belichick wanting the turf fluffed up. To think otherwise is foolish.

And on a sidenote, Foxboro did have AstroTurf in the 80s, and I believe it was removed after the 1991 season.

:shocked:

OMG..... another football movie for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived