red flecks in bearcat helmets?

BIGBAD

during the game last night i noticed that when espn showed a close up of the cincinnati bearcats helmets

it appeared that something was strange about them.

Did they have red flecks in the black paint?

I'm pretty sure they were the same sparkly black that Cincinnati has used for a few years. I don't think the sparkles were red.

78a8baa8-74a2-45f9-aee8-bb9afd572d6e.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

during the game last night i noticed that when espn showed a close up of the cincinnati bearcats helmets

it appeared that something was strange about them.

Did they have red flecks in the black paint?

I'm pretty sure they were the same sparkly black that Cincinnati has used for a few years. I don't think the sparkles were red.

78a8baa8-74a2-45f9-aee8-bb9afd572d6e.jpg

No, there was definately a red sparkle to them, I noticed it too. It looked like a black candy paint over a red metal flake.

I also saw the red tint, but I was wondering, could it have been a reflection of something? It only showed up on closeups with a lot of light reflecting into the helmet. And after watching that blowout, I really like the USF jerseys. Very clean and an attractive helmet.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

And after watching that blowout, I really like the USF jerseys. Very clean and an attractive helmet.

Ah, obviously a newbie when it comes to USF football. And that's fine, I dont expect you to be an expert, but I will take a minute to inform you. (sorry for hijacking the Cincinatti thread, but frankly, I hate them right now. ;) )

1997-2002 version:

Specifically, look at the helmets. Its the best pic I could find. You can barely see the old logo on the greenish/yellowish/goldish/piss colored helmet.

rubin1-42703.jpg

2003 version:

Now the Bulls have a new logo........but, as you'll notice, the same colored helmet.

C_1_leavitt_170834_0903.jpg

Now, the 2006 version:

Notice the hip logo and the gold trim around the numbers. Compared to the yellowish/greenish/goldish piss color of the helmet AND the black logo.

IMG_6711_1.JPG

in 2003, the team came up with a new logo and wordmark package, but couldnt change the uniforms in time for the season. So they slapped a new BLACK logo on the old helmet for the time being. In 2004, they got new uniforms, complete with updated shade of gold trim and everything correct...............except they left the helmets alone.

To this day, the helmets are STILL the same color that they were in 1997, when USF Football was born. Also, if you care to look around, you'll find that the ONLY place the USF "U" logo is displayed in black, is on the football helmets. Nowhere online, on signage, or merchandise will you find a solid black logo.

Sorry if that was long winded, but it's a HUUUUUUGE pet peeve of mine, as a USF fan. To put it in perspective, it'd be like the University of Clemson using Tennessee orange on their helmets. That'd look pretty damn stupid, now wouldnt it?

SigReflect.png

I feel you on that one. I didn't know about the whole history, and it's fitting that Nike supplies the team. I still like the helmets, for the logo (green or black) more than anything else. I'm sure it would look better with the different shade of gold. What they have now is really an upgrade over the drop shadow numbers IMO.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived