Some NHL concepts

IceCap

Here are some concepts I worked on while reviewing my last NHL Uniform Project. C&C welcome as always.

Anahiem Ducks

AD.png

Atlanta Thrashers

AT.png

Dallas Stars

DS.png

Florida Panthers

FP.png

Kansas City Bombers (proposed expansion team)

KCB.png

Tampa Bay Lightning

TBL.png

Toronto Maple Leafs

TML.png

Ducks-I decided to try the current overal scheme on the Wild Wing template. IMO it worked out very well, and should help distance the uniforms from the Penguins'.

Originally the yoke was going to contrast with the rest of the jersey. So the black jersey would have a white yoke, and the white would have a black yoke. In the end I felt that the contrasting yokes were drawing attention to the lack of a shoulder logo, so I went with the gold/copper piping instead, in an attempt to compensate for the lack of a shoulder logo.

Thrashers-Basically I took my old Thrashers concept and swaped the maroon for powder blue. The powder blues seem to have fan support, and the "Blue Land" campaign seems to be working for them, so I went in that direction. I did try to standardize the contrasting sleaves though. I added the "T-bird" logo and sleave number to both sides, while eliminating the "ATLANTA" down the dark sleave.

Stars-I based these off of the 1988-1991 North Stars jersey. I switched green and black, seeing as a current rumour has the Stars in black next season. The most noticable difrence from the North Stars set is that the yellow has been switched to gold. I didn't want to go completly retro, and I felt going back to kelly green, but keeping the true gold helped maintain a modern-retro balance.

I decided to go with the Texas logo simply because I like it better then their current "STARS" logo.

Florida Panthers-After switching the Ducks to the Wild Wing template I noticed said template was very close to the one the Panthers use. So I decided to give the Panthers a new look. The template I used was the template Norway Ice Hockey used a few years ago. I though the mesh helped frame the logo, especially given its verticle nature.

Bombers-I decided I would give designing a uniform for a Kansas City expansion team a shot. The identity is basically an homage to Kansas City Sports. The colours are those of the former NHL team the Kansas City Scouts (now known as the New Jersey Devils), and they also represent KC's two major leauge teams: red and yellow for the Chiefs, and blue and yellow for the royals (I know the Royals use gold, but it's close enough to make a connection). The logo, a stealth bomber, is an homage to the Kansas City Brigade, the city's AFL team. The "KC" seen on the shoulders and main logo is the "KC" used in the old Scouts logo. I used the template of the current Flyers alt.

Lightning-Originally I had the Bolts in powder blue, but I decided to switch to navy after I made powder blue the primary colour for their division rival Atlanta. Black, which IMO is overused in their current scheme, has been toned down, with navy replacing it as teh primary colour. Silver/grey piping was used to outline the black areas to give the look more "pop."

Maple Leafs-The home and road are the classic Leafs uniforms for glory days past. I removed every trace of Ballard's reign of terror. The alt is what I call a "haritage throwback." It's not a throwback per say, but rather it emphasizes different elements from past uniforms. The overall scheme is ment to reflect on the franchise's history as the St. Pats, while the "T" shoulder logos are an homage to the team's original identity, the Toronto Arenas.

The only one i wouldnt mind seeing a team wear is the Tampa ones. Since when is Kansas City Bombers a proposed expansion team? Never heard of thta.

I should have been clear about that. I made that one up.

The Stars' black ones--I can't put my finger on it--but something just seems off kilter--

Maybe green shoulders instead of white...

Overall I like them

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Judging off what I see and read here on the board, I am in the severe minority of those who like the modern Leafs logo better than the old one. Your Toronto concept is cool, though. Yours too, Lil-D. I just personally prefer the old one.

KC Bombers - not sure about the name but the design is solid.

The following is so true - great info:

The colours are those of the former NHL team the Kansas City Scouts (now known as the New Jersey Devils), and they also represent KC's two major leauge teams: red and yellow for the Chiefs, and blue and yellow for the Royals

Great job on all of them - being from KC, I am partial to the KC jersey.

I attended KC Scouts games when I was in high school. I still love our terrible hockey team with a great name.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Congratulations! Someone finally got the Blue & White right! GO LEAFS GO!

Even though i did the same concept not that long ago. At least somone finally notice thats what they should go back to lol.

And I released a concept just like that before you did with a different alternate :P No worries, great minds think alike B)

Thanks to eveyone who's commented so far.

The Stars' black ones--I can't put my finger on it--but something just seems off kilter--

Maybe green shoulders instead of white...

Overall I like them

I tired that out, and IMO it threw the entire black uniform off balance.

Judging off what I see and read here on the board, I am in the severe minority of those who like the modern Leafs logo better than the old one. Your Toronto concept is cool, though. Yours too, Lil-D. I just personally prefer the old one.

There's nothing particularly wrong with the current leaf, even if it does look slightly dated, but the problem most fans have with it isn't in its design. It's the fact that it's associated with the worst years in Leafs history, he Ballard years. Meanwhile the vintage leaf reminds people of the days when the leafs were among the leauge's elite.

KC Bombers - not sure about the name but the design is solid.

The following is so true - great info:

The colours are those of the former NHL team the Kansas City Scouts (now known as the New Jersey Devils), and they also represent KC's two major leauge teams: red and yellow for the Chiefs, and blue and yellow for the Royals

Great job on all of them - being from KC, I am partial to the KC jersey.

I attended KC Scouts games when I was in high school. I still love our terrible hockey team with a great name.

Thanks, I put a lot of throught/work into comming up with an identity for a KC NHL team.

I would have brought back the Scouts, but I have this thing about "Cleveland Deal" situations. If the Scouts had simply folded, I would have no problem with a second NHL team in KC using the name. However they moved, eventually ending up in New Jersey, an IMO it would be unfair to the Devils to take part of their history away and give it to an expansion team.

All that said, I came up woth bombers, mainly beacuse of the AFL team. The Kansas City Brigade have a stealth bomber as their logo, but call themselves the Brigade. I always thought that "Bombers" would have been a better name, so I usded it when comming up with a KC team identity. Colour-wise, it was a no-brainer. They had to be blue, red, and yellow, and the Scouts' "KC" logo was to cool not to use.

Once again, thanks to everyone who's commented so far.

LOVE the Ducks and Leafs ones. In the Ducks one I would use the oval alternate logo because in my opinion is is more of a "logo" and less of a script like what the Ducks logo is now. Great to bring back the green and the old style leaf. :flagcanada:

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived