MLB/NBA crossover hats

eRay

okay, i was inspired by the MLB FB hats. The idea is to take an existing MLB hat and recolor it so it represents an NBA team. The cities don't always match up, but the letter on the cap should represent the team in some way(city name or team nickname). I plan to take care of all but 5 teams, and they will be done in alphabetic order. Note that i am not claiming ownership of these cap logos, or team colors, or even the idea, I just thought it would be fun to see what combos i can come up with. C&C welcome.

first team up-Atlanta Hawks

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

i figured i would reserve the cubs C for the chicago basketball team, the bulls. whenever possible i want to keep a city with its other-sport-counterpart. since there is no basketball team in cincinnati i chose to use their C for the bobcats, who have no baseball relation. thanks for the thoughts.

now i have the Bulls, as mentioned:

bulls1.png

bulls2.png

and the Cavs, featuring the old Indians hat logo:

cavs1.png

cavs2.png

Not bad. Although why didn't you do a Sonics/Mariners one? You may have that already in the works, but the Mavs/Mariners connection isn't really there aside from the "M." Maybe that was your reasoning.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Not bad. Although why didn't you do a Sonics/Mariners one? You may have that already in the works, but the Mavs/Mariners connection isn't really there aside from the "M." Maybe that was your reasoning.

The other thing that ties the Mavericks and old-school Mariners logo together is the star in the background (used by all of the Dallas-area professional sports teams, including the Mavs), so I can understand the rationale for using it. A green alternate (using the Mavs alternate colors) would be cool for this design.

QPR%20Sig.png

epiphanic-a sonics/mariners one is in the works, it just hasn't come up alphabetically yet.

moser316-exactly my reasoning, and a green alt would be a good idea, i'll update soon with that. thanks for the idea.

bigcoyotes- the 5 teams are the heat, hornets, nets, kings, and jazz. I want to get one done for every team, but i just couldnt figure out what to use for those 5. any ideas to solve that would be appreciated.

how bout a sox-bulls one not every body from the chi is a cubs fan

i wasnt planning on doing this because the hat would say Sox, which doesnt relate to the bulls at all. after looking into it i guess i could make a version featuring the "C" hat they wear with their throwbacks.

how bout a sox-bulls one not every body from the chi is a cubs fan

i wasnt planning on doing this because the hat would say Sox, which doesnt relate to the bulls at all. after looking into it i guess i could make a version featuring the "C" hat they wear with their throwbacks.

i was thinking he meant bo-sox/bulls... that way it's a red hat, black B... for bulls... but i could be wrong.

and why not use the old astros H-Star hat for the hornets or the heat? not perfect, but it might work.

I have been busy with school work and my recent chiefs concept for the NFL Graphic Outlook, but I have finally made it back into the hats. I will be posting a couple today, so check back for edits.

Dallas Mavericks Alt.-

mavsalt.png

Houston Rockets-

rockets.png

Indiana Pacers-

pacers.png

Archived