NHL Merchandise Sales Way Up

fonz

Looks like the NHL has bounced back from the lockout. And jersey/logo redesigns are good for business, no matter their quality.

SABRES TOP MERCHANDISE SALES

Today @ 4:30 PM ET | Comments (113)

This just in:

The Buffalo Sabres are hot. RED HOT!

Not only at the box office, but at the merchandise rack, as well.

The Buffalo Sabres presently have 5 0f the top 9 hot-selling jersies on their roster!

Winning breeds capitalism!

TOP 10 SELLING JERSEYS ON SHOP.NHL.COM (Oct 1-31, 2006)

1. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

2. Ryan Miller, Buffalo

3. Alexander Ovechkin, Washington

4. Maxim Afinogenov , Buffalo

5. Chris Drury, Buffalo

6. Jason Pominville , Buffalo

7. Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh

8. Peter Forsberg, Philadelphia

9. Daniel Briere , Buffalo

10. Jaromir Jagr, New York Rangers

TEAM SALES

For the month of October, sales of Sabres merchandise were up approximately 1170% compared to last year. Nearly 1200% increase ?!!!!

Other notable NHL increases...

Carolina - 433% (Cup Winners)

Edmonton - 336% (Cup Runner Up)

San Jose - 239% (Thornton and Cheechoo)

Anaheim - 235% (New Uni and Pronger)

Washington - 161% ( AO Factor)

Atlanta - 135% (Hot Team and Kovalchuk )

New York Rangers - 106% (Shanny Factor)

New Jersey - 103% ( Gionta Factor)

Overall sales on NHL.COM for the month of October are up 95% compared to last October. Business is good!

Very Good!

Try to buy a Sabres jersey at retail. Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets are easier to find!!

Garth

* Thanks, nhl.com

I can attest to the Oilers stuff being hot. I was trying to get a Youth Oilers jersey for my nephew. In Edmonton, I checked all the official Oilers merchandisers in town, plus any other generic sporting goods store and none had any. At the game I found one.. just one youth L jersey. In the entire city. A year ago, if you walked into a sporting goods store, you'd be tripping over them!

People are just trying to get the good jerseys before RBK ****s everything up for next season. That's all it means.

And for the record, I think anyone who buys a hockey jersey from NHL is an idiot. I found a place that sells the exact same jerseys with customizing that run $20 to $30 bucks cheaper.

Does anyone out there own one of the current practice jerseys that are form-fitting, if so how well do they fit you. I'm tempted to wait until next season to get a Lightning jersey and was wondering how they felt and fit.

Does anyone out there own one of the current practice jerseys that are form-fitting, if so how well do they fit you. I'm tempted to wait until next season to get a Lightning jersey and was wondering how they felt and fit.

I've tried on the RBK "swift" practise jerseys. (I would heartily buy a Ducks one if it was available here). While made of a different material, they fit exactly the same as a regular polyester NHL replica of the same size. (Although that silver piping that runs down the sleeves is more like a long strip of reflective plastic.) If you want a comparison of each jersey style, just use the zoom feature on icejerseys.com.

IMO, the blue Leafs practise jersey is one of the best Leafs jerseys I've seen period.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived