Washington senators

Fusebazell

shameless promo: I like the Senators logos I did better. They can be found in the "best of" section on the hompage of my site. :shameless promo

As for this logo: No good. Gradients+baseball w/ 2 color stitch+ 2 color W+ capitol dome=disaster.

It's a good first effort. I like the idea of incorporating the Capitol Dome onto the hat, but I might dump the baseball-dome. A script W like the old Senators' hats with the dome behind it would be a nice logo). Red white and blue is too much - the old Senators wore red and white, that would be a nice touch. On the other hand, "red, white and Americana" is lot like the Phillies.

The swinging Senator is a nice touch, though I might dump the power suit and make him more of a Founding Father, powdered-wig type.

Other concepts: something with an eagle, the letters "DC" flanking the capital dome (perhaps with baseball), something combining the diamond shape map of the city with a baseball diamond, or something like a NYRangers 3rd jersey, replacing the statue of Liberty with the Statue of Freedom on top of the Capitol Dome (it's a great image):

http://www.aoc.gov/cc/art/freedom.htm

My guess is that there would be no human representation of a Senator on any official logos given the fact that it would create controversy.  Every now and then there tends to be some in Washington (gasp!), and this issue would certainly invite it, especially since one of Maryland's Senators is a woman and there is also a rather vocal, baseball loving female senator who just so happens to be married to a certain former President.

I think some form of Capitol dome imagery or just bringing back the old script W would be fine.

I don't think the logo is actually supposed to have all those gradients, I think that's just a fancy-looking representation. If you look at the hats and othe places they have the logo on that site, it is without the gradients. I really don't like that swinging senator logo, it looks way too modern, like an illustration from a news magazine, not a baseball logo. Not too bad overall though. All that matters in baseball right now is that my Astros just signed their ticket to the '04 series. :D

the more I think about it, the more I agree with X Man.  red white and blue is a tad much.  I'm redoing my Senators stuff, and this time it's going to be the same brick red color and gold.  From what I've done so far it is a promising endevor.

Archived