Titans wearing light blue pants vs Eagles

BigEd76

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the entire uniform does not look exactly like the Cowboys. Otherwise they would be wearing the Cowboys uniforms. But when half of their uniform looks like Dallas' to say there is no resemblance at all is puzzling.

I think it's a question of how much resemblance there is. We're talking about a very common striping combo, used at one time by the Saints and Niners and used today by the Cowboys and Packers.

You might as well say that there's as much resemblance to the Packers in the Titans' uniform yesterday as there is to the Cowboys.

That's just silly. The 49ers pattern was different in that it was about a foot wide and was red-white-red on gold. The Saints' pants were gold with black-white-black striping and the Packers' are green-white-green on yellow. So the pattern was similar but there's no resemblance.

The Cowboys on the other hand were light blue with dark blue-white-dark blue stripes and so are the Titans. So there's clearly a significant resemblance.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Obviously the entire uniform does not look exactly like the Cowboys. Otherwise they would be wearing the Cowboys uniforms. But when half of their uniform looks like Dallas' to say there is no resemblance at all is puzzling.

I think it's a question of how much resemblance there is. We're talking about a very common striping combo, used at one time by the Saints and Niners and used today by the Cowboys and Packers.

You might as well say that there's as much resemblance to the Packers in the Titans' uniform yesterday as there is to the Cowboys.

That's just silly. The 49ers pattern was different in that it was about a foot wide and was red-white-red on gold. The Saints' pants were gold with black-white-black striping and the Packers' are green-white-green on yellow. So the pattern was similar but there's no resemblance.

The Cowboys on the other hand were light blue with dark blue-white-dark blue stripes and so are the Titans. So there's clearly a significant resemblance.

No, the Cowboys wear silver-green pants with blue-white-blue striping.

Silver-green? No. Silver-blue is more like it. Regardless, I said the Cowboys' pants WERE light blue because I was referring to my previous post, which showed the Cowboys of Staubach's era as in the pic below. Ask an average person the color of Roger's pants and many if not most would say "light blue."

rogerstaubach.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Silver-green? No. Silver-blue is more like it. Regardless, I said the Cowboys' pants WERE light blue because I was referring to my previous post, which showed the Cowboys of Staubach's era as in the pic below. Ask an average person the color of Roger's pants and many if not most would say "light blue."

rogerstaubach.jpg

How long ago was that? Today the Cowboys wear silver-green pants, which do not bear any resemblance to light blue. No one should be confusing pants a team wears today with pants a team wore in the 70's.

I started to read some of the previous posts, but I have to admit that I really don't see a comparison at all between the two. I think whoever started that is reeeeally stretching this one.

Regardless, I hated the light blue pants look but now find myself kind of liking them in a retro sort of way.

So gang, Titans GM Floyd Reese was doing his regualr friday afternnon hour of the local sprots datition call-in show and guy calls in and asked a uniform related question. Did not catch the cat's name but I wonder of might not be our very own oz615. But Reese and Coach Jeff fisher are notoriously good at replying to callers and reporter's questions with out actually revealing anything of any substance or value.

The caller asked if the Titans had plans to wear a Oilers throwback while he complimented them on the new light blue pants. Reese never answered the Oiler retro question but did state that the light blue is referred to as TITAN blue and they just may break out the alternate jersey with the new Light/Columbia/Titans Blue pants this week's for the game againt Indy.

RobbyBox2.jpg

So gang, Titans GM Floyd Reese was doing his regualr friday afternnon hour of the local sprots datition call-in show and guy calls in and asked a uniform related question. Did not catch the cat's name but I wonder of might not be our very own oz615. But Reese and Coach Jeff fisher are notoriously good at replying to callers and reporter's questions with out actually revealing anything of any substance or value.

The caller asked if the Titans had plans to wear a Oilers throwback while he complimented them on the new light blue pants. Reese never answered the Oiler retro question but did state that the light blue is referred to as TITAN blue and they just may break out the alternate jersey with the new Light/Columbia/Titans Blue pants this week's for the game againt Indy.

yeah... it's definately officially called "titan blue" which irks me.

navy blue should be titans blue. the columbia blue should either be called "oiler blue" or "luv ya blue"

either way, i originally predicted that a columbia/columbia combo would make us look like smurfs. especially with the white helmets.

but who cares? i'm just glad they're wearing more columbia blue. i was tired of the titans playing up the navy blue in recent years.

i still want navy jersey, columbia pants at home, columbia jersey white pants as an alternate, and white jersey columbia pants on the road... but the new trend of just randomly mixing and matching tops and bottoms for the titans is fine by me. that way everyone's happy. a lot of titans fans love the all-navy look, some love the white/columbia... some love the white/white... just randomly grab crap and wear it. i love it.

i hope they do wear monochrome columbia against the colts... if nothing else, it should be fun. say what you want about my crappy little football team... every week is entertaining. random uniform combos, pacman jones running forward 30 years, then backwards 10, and then forward 80 for a TD... vince doing his rose bowl impression... record setting comebacks in the final 9 minutes... gotta love my flaming thumbtacks.

Archived