Titans wearing light blue pants vs Eagles

BigEd76

would you not also agree that this titans uniform combo looks more like the oilers "luv ya blue" than the cowboys?

or am i way off base?

i think the titans looked like a modernized version of the oilers. and that's all i've ever asked. don't be another navy-on-navy team.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really see absolutely zero cowboys resemblence...

silver-grey helmet, white jersey, silver-green pants

white helmet, white jersey with columbia shoulders, columbia pants

It's not a matter of anybody claiming they ripped off the Cowboys or look to close to them

But when I first saw the game, I too saw the pants and was wondering why the Cowboys pants looked so blue. Sure, I then looked a little closer and immediatley noticed this was the Titans wearing a really freaking cool pair of pants.

But these pants do bear a slight resemblance to the silver blue/green pants of the Cowboys.

TEN_PHI_0348_DH.jpg

They really need to swap the stripe colours so they match the TV numbers (white, navy, white). That also might help with the Cowboys resemblance. (Photoshop, anybody?)

Yeah, but leaving them Navy-White-Navy, they match the helmet, er, i guess it'd be called striping, which you would rather have it do than matching the TV numbers.

I concur that wearing these with the White jerseys, and the white pants with either the Columbia or Navy jerseys is a lot better than those Navy pants. Those things just don't ever look right, for some reason. Look like weird jogging pants. They're actually very annoying.

Oh, and I don't really see any similarity between these and the Cowboys. Very easy to distinguish the two. Actually, absolutely nothing the same at all, except a white jersey, and that is the ONLY thing. What's ON the jersey is in no way the same at all.

It's not a matter of anybody claiming they ripped off the Cowboys or look to close to them

But when I first saw the game, I too saw the pants and was wondering why the Cowboys pants looked so blue. Sure, I then looked a little closer and immediatley noticed this was the Titans wearing a really freaking cool pair of pants.

But these pants do bear a slight resemblance to the silver blue/green pants of the Cowboys.

maybe i didn't have this problem for 2 reasons...

#1, ever since pantone said they were officially listed as uniform pants, i've been waiting to see us wear them.

#2, i knew damn well it was the titans/eagles game when i flipped it on, because that's the only reason i pay for nfl sunday ticket.

either way, i love these. some titans fans on the official board don't like them, but they like the monochrome navy.

i just hate that every team in sports has to wear black or navy blue. i don't care how newborn-baby these uniforms look. they just look right :)

I concur.

This

TEN_PHI_0348_DH.jpg

and this

8496a773-c6fe-4a29-a64f-7e2c2e9ea19a-small.jpg

aren't overwhelmingly similar.

Did you guys even read the original post? It said the PANTS look like a BLUER version of the Cowboys. And they do. And if you go back a few years, they look VERY similar to the Cowboys' pants:

rogerstaubach.jpgTEN_PHI_0322_DH.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

would you not also agree that this titans uniform combo looks more like the oilers "luv ya blue" than the cowboys?

or am i way off base?

i think the titans looked like a modernized version of the oilers. and that's all i've ever asked. don't be another navy-on-navy team.

IMO, I think they look like the Oilers. And I LOVE that. I truly hope that they make this their away uni's. And I like the blue monochrome at home. I would love to see the Columbia blue alternate with the columbia blue pants! I think it would look great.

Damn son, that's some good stuff.

Now all they need are some light blue socks for when they wear navy pants, and the Titans may have my favorite uni set in the league. I also can't wait for the navy jersey/light blue pants combo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

TEN_PHI_0348_DH.jpg

They really need to swap the stripe colours so they match the TV numbers (white, navy, white). That also might help with the Cowboys resemblance. (Photoshop, anybody?)

The helmet stripes are much bigger and more obvious, so the match is great. If anything the TV numbers might be easier to read if they were reversed to navy-white-navy.

liverpool-1.png

cowboys?!?!?!

they look nothing like the cowboys. they look exactly like the houston oilers :) it's a dream come true. throw the navy pants away. all they need is a pair of white pants, and a pair of columbia blue pants. randomly interchange the pants, except with the columbia blue jersey. wear white pants then.

perfection.

MikeRozier-H-b.jpg

I like the light blue pants much better than the dark ones.

The do have that old Oilers flavor but maybe the should break the stripes up more like the old Oilers.

dark blue-light blue-white-light blue-dark blue.

That would take care of the Cowboy reference...

I concur.

This

TEN_PHI_0348_DH.jpg

and this

8496a773-c6fe-4a29-a64f-7e2c2e9ea19a-small.jpg

aren't overwhelmingly similar.

Did you guys even read the original post? It said the PANTS look like a BLUER version of the Cowboys. And they do. And if you go back a few years, they look VERY similar to the Cowboys' pants:

rogerstaubach.jpgTEN_PHI_0322_DH.jpg

Actually, yes I did read the original post. I was mainly responding to this post:

I turned the game on just after kickoff and I thought I had the wrong channel. I thought it was the Cowboys against the Ravens. Then I realized it was the right game and wondered if the color on my television has gone out of whack.

buffalo_sig.png

Huge fan of these pants. I had my doubts when Pantone first showed them as a possible pair. I really like how they match the color of the shoulder color. This makes more sense then the Navy and it reflects the sky blue in the logo helmet better. It just looks like a good uniform set now, and I didn't think that it would.

I agree with others that argue that they should stick with the white pants when wearing the dark or columbia blue jerseys. It would be jarring to the eyes for them to be in columbia blue from the neck down.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Why don't they just put the oil derrick back on the helmet and call it a day.

I don't like these pants as much as the navy, they just need some white striped socks to go with em. But the traditional looking blue-white-blue pants stripe just doesn't go with the contemporary look of the rest of the uniform. I think if the navy pants just had a thick columbia stripe, maybe with the T-sword logo on the hip, it would be a big improvement.

I let out screams of happiness when I saw these. I love the navy pants, but HATE that they are worn with navy socks. These solved that problem (and look great regardless of the socks).

I am worried about how they will look with the navy jerseys.

If the Titans just got light blue socks to wear with the navy pants, they would have a lot of great options.

Archived