New Cowboys Stadium

Stand Up 8

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had my way, we'd have public transportation instead. Arlington is the largest city in the United States that doesn't have public transportation; we voted it down 3 times and yet voted to have our sales tax raised for the stadium. I don't like the Cowboys, and I don't want them in Arlington. It will add even more congestion to our already overly-congested city. When I moved to Arlington 34 years ago, it was such a nice small place.

heh, I'd have figured a city that has an MLB team (and will soon have them Vaqueros) would have buses. heh, if Arlington's as spread out as Racine is, it would be incredibly stupid not to have buses running.

I don't know about Racine, but Arlington is very spread out, and you're right; it is stupid not to have buses.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

If I had my way, we'd have public transportation instead. Arlington is the largest city in the United States that doesn't have public transportation; we voted it down 3 times and yet voted to have our sales tax raised for the stadium. I don't like the Cowboys, and I don't want them in Arlington. It will add even more congestion to our already overly-congested city. When I moved to Arlington 34 years ago, it was such a nice small place.

heh, I'd have figured a city that has an MLB team (and will soon have them Vaqueros) would have buses. heh, if Arlington's as spread out as Racine is, it would be incredibly stupid not to have buses running.

I don't know about Racine, but Arlington is very spread out, and you're right; it is stupid not to have buses.

yeah, it's spread out here...and that's considering the biggest games we have are high school and semipro football. sheesh, the traffic for all our varsity football games and Raiders games combined (for a whole season, mind you) wouldn't compare to the boatload that'd be comin to Arlington for even ONE Cowboys game...heh, I figure it might get even worse than our prom traffic :D. shoot, I live about 5-6 blocks west of Lake Michigan but my high school alma mater is way out on the west side of town. basically, the way Racine's arranged, you gotta either have a car or take the bus, a bike wouldn't do it unless you only stayed in one or two parts of town. as I take the bus nearly everywhere I need to go, I would be screwed if I lived in Arlington (no car and no license...the ultimate irony: my last name's Carr :D ).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yeah, it's spread out here...and that's considering the biggest games we have are high school and semipro football. sheesh, the traffic for all our varsity football games and Raiders games combined (for a whole season, mind you) wouldn't compare to the boatload that'd be comin to Arlington for even ONE Cowboys game...heh, I figure it might get even worse than our prom traffic :D. shoot, I live about 5-6 blocks west of Lake Michigan but my high school alma mater is way out on the west side of town. basically, the way Racine's arranged, you gotta either have a car or take the bus, a bike wouldn't do it unless you only stayed in one or two parts of town. as I take the bus nearly everywhere I need to go, I would be screwed if I lived in Arlington (no car and no license...the ultimate irony: my last name's Carr :D ).

Do not feel bad young brotha...I'd venture to say close to half of the population of Pittsburgh proper either ain't got a license or have never even sat behind a singular vehicle steering wheel. (Of the ones around here that DO have a license, you'd have to question how they got it based off how they drive, cuz they CAN'T.) You'd fit in perfect here--well, in regards to the "no car, no license" thing. Of course, as a positive, this place actually has a VERY GOOD transportation system. And speaking of spread out, I could be wrong, but if there's any place any more spread out than Allegheny County, to say nothing of the rest of the Pittsburgh metro area, I hate it for y'all. I mean, the city itself ain't too big (only about 400,000); it's just all the lil' towns, townships, boroughs, municipalities, and various other "communities" spread out around this daggone place that make it seem like a navigational nightmare--which may explain WHY the bus system is as good as it is--it ain't like the Port Authority here really has an alternative choice...

Now, steering (excuse the pun) back on topic here, that stadium is AB-SO-LUTE-LY...REE-DIC-YOO-LUSS!! But, they do say "everything's bigger in Texas, right?" That, though, may be just a BIT too much. And I don't know how I'd feel about playing on a field tryna tackle folks, all the while thinking in the back of my head about a 600-ton, 60-yd long scoreboard (to say nothing of the two "smaller" boards on the ends of that huge-ass contraption), hanging over my head. I don't care how many steel cables are braided and twisted together, never mind the tensile strength of said cable...I just wouldn't feel too good about that, at all.

But I have one more question: considering the new stadium that just went up in Glendale, and now this one in Arlington (these ARE the DALLAS Cowboys, no???), is this going to be the new trend now? Owners trying to outdo and outduel each other for the biggest, brightest, most technologically advanced stadium with all the newest and neatest bells and whistles--and hanging scoreboards? I just really have to wonder about that...and there's two teams I can think of right now--well, one in particular--who have been needing new venues for a good long while now and might think they could so something like this (not that the taxpayers would vote for it, though): The Vikings and their old Metrodome; and the Dolphins and Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium or whatever the hell that place is called (not a Dolphin fan so I really could care less). I'd say the Superdome, but I think we all know that place won't be seeing a new venue for a GOOD long while.

Just one man's thoughts, based on what he (thinks he) knows, though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now, steering (excuse the pun) back on topic here, that stadium is AB-SO-LUTE-LY...REE-DIC-YOO-LUSS!! But, they do say "everything's bigger in Texas, right?" That, though, may be just a BIT too much. And I don't know how I'd feel about playing on a field tryna tackle folks, all the while thinking in the back of my head about a 600-ton, 60-yd long scoreboard (to say nothing of the two "smaller" boards on the ends of that huge-ass contraption), hanging over my head. I don't care how many steel cables are braided and twisted together, never mind the tensile strength of said cable...I just wouldn't feel too good about that, at all.

Good point, which jogged the memory of returners complaining loudly about trying to field kicks with the Superdome's hanging screens as a distraction.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

But I have one more question: considering the new stadium that just went up in Glendale, and now this one in Arlington (these ARE the DALLAS Cowboys, no???), is this going to be the new trend now? Owners trying to outdo and outduel each other for the biggest, brightest, most technologically advanced stadium with all the newest and neatest bells and whistles--and hanging scoreboards? I just really have to wonder about that...and there's two teams I can think of right now--well, one in particular--who have been needing new venues for a good long while now and might think they could so something like this (not that the taxpayers would vote for it, though): The Vikings and their old Metrodome; and the Dolphins and Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins Stadium or whatever the hell that place is called (not a Dolphin fan so I really could care less). I'd say the Superdome, but I think we all know that place won't be seeing a new venue for a GOOD long while.

Just one man's thoughts, based on what he (thinks he) knows, though...

Funny that you mention that, because the Dolphins unveiled their plans for a $250M renovation (which began last year with the HD boards, and wrap-around ribbons) to Dolphin Stadium earlier this week.

26841600.jpg

26841601.jpg

26841631.jpg

1997 | 2003

Archived