New Cowboys Stadium

Stand Up 8

The mother of all state of the art stadiums, hands down! The best better than Arizona, houston, detroit, denver, seattle. Hell, every stadium in the world has nothin on that beauty, field level suites, r u kidding me?

Awesome!

But the Cowboys still suk!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interior looks like Staples Center, which is another way of saying it looks like a mid-range boutique hotel.

As for the exterior...criminy, why don't Texans understand the meaning of "tasteful restraint." An enormous hulking beetle slapped into the middle of acres and acres of soul-crushing asphalt.

20 years from now they'll be calling it the "Jerry's double-wide" and fans will be clamoring for a new stadium. Thumbs down.

The interior looks like Staples Center, which is another way of saying it looks like a mid-range boutique hotel.

As for the exterior...criminy, why don't Texans understand the meaning of "tasteful restraint." An enormous hulking beetle slapped into the middle of acres and acres of soul-crushing asphalt.

20 years from now they'll be calling it the "Jerry's double-wide" and fans will be clamoring for a new stadium. Thumbs down.

It's in Arlington so it will fit right in. Arlington is the Orlando of the southwest...full of garish tourist traps, amusement parks, and now, sports arenas. "Soul crushing asphalt"? Guess you've never been to an arena in your life. Almost every stadium in the country, in every sport, has giant parking lots. Nice of you to label all Texans.

newsig.jpg

Hmm, what about: American Airlines Center, Minute Maid Park, Toyota Center, DKR Memorial Stadium.

When the Superdome opened, the had a jumbotron/gondola over the field (punters used to hit it, Bo Jackson is said to tossed a football to hit it post Sugar Bowl)

Field level suites are going to be standard in the next wave...real fans are getting pushed up. :cursing:

I had the idea for a suspended jumbotron on a football field for about 10 years now. Nice that somebody finally thought of it.

I had an idea for the field level suites too. Not my idea, but I had AN idea.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

300px-Hockeyrink.jpg

Sorry, I had to. :P

How about the pic of the scoreboard in the old Charlotte Coliseum, remember that near tragedy? Thank god no one was on the floor when it came down.

There is absolutely no need for a monstrocity hanging over the field. That just tells you that the seats are just way too far then. Can't they just put them on either end of the field like everyone else? I guess its too much work to turn your head. Are Americans really getting THAT lazy?

That roof will probably stay closed until November. Any of you who have ever been in these parts in August and September should easily understand why.

It's a hell of a place - DFW will be on the rotation for Super Bowls, Final Fours, and probably BCS Championship Games now. Unfortunately, it's a luxury palace that will further cater to the wealthy and corporations. At least the games will continue to be free on t.v.

Unfortunately, it's a luxury palace that will further cater to the wealthy and corporations. At least the games will continue to be free on t.v.

Unless NFL Network takes the whole thing in-house and youhave to have a dish to watch it.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

It's in Arlington so it will fit right in. Arlington is the Orlando of the southwest...full of garish tourist traps, amusement parks, and now, sports arenas. "Soul crushing asphalt"? Guess you've never been to an arena in your life. Almost every stadium in the country, in every sport, has giant parking lots. Nice of you to label all Texans.

Classy comment! Guess you've never been to Texas. It's not like we had input on the design. If I had it my way, it would resemble the Ballpark. Still, it's a marvel!

rangersCBSig.gif

but in all honesty, you guys gotta watch euro soccer, those stadiums blow north american stadiums out of the water....also the japanese stadiums....the 2002 world cup, the sapporo dome, had the retractable field thing, the amsterdam arenA had the retractable roof and the gelre dome, check them out....breath taking.

Classy comment! Guess you've never been to Texas. It's not like we had input on the design. If I had it my way, it would resemble the Ballpark. Still, it's a marvel!

If I had my way, we'd have public transportation instead. Arlington is the largest city in the United States that doesn't have public transportation; we voted it down 3 times and yet voted to have our sales tax raised for the stadium. I don't like the Cowboys, and I don't want them in Arlington. It will add even more congestion to our already overly-congested city. When I moved to Arlington 34 years ago, it was such a nice small place.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

When the Superdome opened, the had a jumbotron/gondola over the field (punters used to hit it, Bo Jackson is said to tossed a football to hit it post Sugar Bowl)

Field level suites are going to be standard in the next wave...real fans are getting pushed up. :cursing:

I had the idea for a suspended jumbotron on a football field for about 10 years now. Nice that somebody finally thought of it.

I had an idea for the field level suites too. Not my idea, but I had AN idea.

Yeah, the Superdome had the suspended screens in 1975, so that's not exactly an original idea. "Punters" didn't hit it, one punter hit it - Ray Guy of the Raiders, in the 1976 Pro Bowl. I was there, and that was the only "do over" on a non-penalty play I've ever seen in the NFL.

The problem with the 'dome screens was the technology. Projectors mounted in the stands sent the images to the screens and the quality was sketchy even under the best conditions. It was pretty damn cool though to be able to watch a replay at a game. That was novel at the time.

The Clownboy Palace looks pretty awesome, I'll definitely attend a game there.

One pretty crazy feature no one's commented on is the Sideline Club. It says the teams will run through it on their way to/from the locker rooms! Can you imagine the result if the 'boys are down about 31-10 at halftime and a bunch of drunk a-hole fans rag the coach and players at point-blank range? I'd buy a ticket just to watch that, much less the game, especially if Parcells is still there. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

If I had my way, we'd have public transportation instead. Arlington is the largest city in the United States that doesn't have public transportation; we voted it down 3 times and yet voted to have our sales tax raised for the stadium. I don't like the Cowboys, and I don't want them in Arlington. It will add even more congestion to our already overly-congested city. When I moved to Arlington 34 years ago, it was such a nice small place.

heh, I'd have figured a city that has an MLB team (and will soon have them Vaqueros) would have buses. heh, if Arlington's as spread out as Racine is, it would be incredibly stupid not to have buses running.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived