Sabres Beat Panthers with Only 16 Shots!

rmackman

So Florida had 33 shots on goal, and Buffalo had 16. However, Buffalo won 2-1! That's rediculous! Here are some other interesting stats: Florida has one of the higher SOG totals in the NHL at 1,027 SOG this year. However, they've scored only 85 goals. That means the Panthers score on only 8% of their shots (Anaheim scores on around 11-12%)! So they can shoot all day, but the puck won't go in the net. I can't recall the last time I saw a team fire pucks at the net all day and they don't go through. Usually if you shoot a lot, you score at least a few. Florida actually got shut out 3 straight games! Some of this has to be luck. I really can't explain it. They need to trade every player and start over completely!

NYDH40112150121.jpg

Maybe it would help if Gary Roberts looked where he was shooting.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

how is this news? that happens pretty often, actually...

the rangers beat dallas tonight, even though dallas outshot them 45-20.

and the rags actually won 5-2, despite the shot differential.

shot totals are VERY misleading... you can get lots of outside shots, that don't trouble the goalie in the least. a shot on goal does not equal a scoring chance, and a scoring chance does not equal a shot on goal.

NYDH40112150121.jpg

Maybe it would help if Gary Roberts looked where he was shooting.

He was marvelling at the beauty of the Sabres' non-slug jerseys...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Canucks outshoot their opponent a lot of the time, but they still lose tones of games. Why? Not much talent, the shots are right at the goalie, sure there's a couple good chances, but they don't put them away either. Lately they are capitilizing, and it has resulted in a couple wins, but I'm sure that our scoring outburst will calm again soon.

On a side note, how is Auld looking in Florida so far? He was decent for the Canucks, but of course, in a goalie graveyard such as Vancouver, he wasn't gonna do it.

The Canucks outshoot their opponent a lot of the time, but they still lose tones of games. Why? Not much talent, the shots are right at the goalie, sure there's a couple good chances, but they don't put them away either. Lately they are capitilizing, and it has resulted in a couple wins, but I'm sure that our scoring outburst will calm again soon.

On a side note, how is Auld looking in Florida so far? He was decent for the Canucks, but of course, in a goalie graveyard such as Vancouver, he wasn't gonna do it.

Auld and Belfour have done fine actually. They have their good games and bad games like everyone else, but they've been efficient so far and don't give up stupid goals. I don't think either of them will singlehandedly win a game for you, but they have done their job and that's all you can ask for. The Panthers problem is scoring. So far they do not have Joe Nieuwendyk (retired), Todd Bertuzzi (injury), Stephen Weiss (injury), or Jurak Kolnik (injury) in the lineup. Those are their 2, 3, 4, and 5 scorers behind Olli Jokinen. Gary Roberts and Jozef Stumpel are in slumps and really aren't getting it done when they need to be stepping up. There are a few minor league callups in the lineup to make up for the injuries, but they tend to look like deer in the headlights on scoring chances. It's really not fun to watch them, but I do it anyway.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Team wins 3-1 despite beuing outshot 55-24

I was at the game prvs to that one linked above where the winning team, Rochester, was grossly outshot.

This is not an anomoly by any means.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

He doesn't look very consistent. There are games where he couldn't stop a non-moving puck, then there are times he looks incredible.

You guys got a steal in acquiring Luongo. I'm glad the Thrashers don't face him 7-8 times a season now.....

It's not the quanity of shots, but the quality of shots. The Sabres are IMO the best team in the NHL. Yeah, Anaheim has the best record and everything, but head-to-head, I would pick Buffalo.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

This is why the Sabres are good team. They take advantage of the opprtunities they have. The game earlier this week they played against the Devils, New Jersey controlled the play and had all kinds of chances. Miller stood on his head and in the third the Sabres got 2 odd man rush chances and scored on both which ended up being the idfference in the game. That's what good team epecially ones that want to win in the playoffs do.

It's not the quanity of shots, but the quality of shots. The Sabres are IMO the best team in the NHL. Yeah, Anaheim has the best record and everything, but head-to-head, I would pick Buffalo.

I'd go with Anaheim. I was really impressed with them in person earlier this week.

Archived