World Junior Hockey Championships 2007

officeglenn

That was a fun game to watch. I'm not a big fan of the shootout for elimination games, but this one was pretty damn exciting.

Did anyone else notice the horrible attendance? I was surprised to see so many empty seats for a semifinal game. With such a horrible showing by the European fans, I think they should just keep the tournament in Canada and the US every year. What do you guys think?

I'm sure it will be full for the Sweden game later today. I'm sure not a lot of people travel to go this tournament like the olympics and people in Sweden rather go to the Sweden semi-final game than the US-Canada. Given the lack of coverage the tournament gets in the US (Meaning none) I don't think it would be different in the US. Grand Forks a few years ago was kind of an exception because it was during the lockout and ESPN used it as replacement programming giving it some type of press.

That was a BS interference call in the 3rd that allowed Canada to tie it.

Overall from what I saw (3rd period on) it was a great game ruined by a shootout. So anti-climatic.

It was called because Ulf Ronnmark missed the cross-check on Steve Downie in front of the net earlier in the play so it was just a make-up call.

GCEeffm.png

That was a fun game to watch. I'm not a big fan of the shootout for elimination games, but this one was pretty damn exciting.

Did anyone else notice the horrible attendance? I was surprised to see so many empty seats for a semifinal game. With such a horrible showing by the European fans, I think they should just keep the tournament in Canada and the US every year. What do you guys think?

I'm sure it will be full for the Sweden game later today. I'm sure not a lot of people travel to go this tournament like the olympics and people in Sweden rather go to the Sweden semi-final game than the US-Canada. Given the lack of coverage the tournament gets in the US (Meaning none) I don't think it would be different in the US. Grand Forks a few years ago was kind of an exception because it was during the lockout and ESPN used it as replacement programming giving it some type of press.

Plus, many of the fans in Grand Forks were Winnipeggers who drove down to watch the game. Hence the "go Jets go" chants during the Canada games.

I think bad weather stranded a bunch of Canadians in Grand Forks, too.

The IIHF is a pretty Euro-centric organization, so there's no way they'd stop playing in Europe altogether, but the fact that the tournament is played in Canada every three years is acknowledgement of how much more support the WJC receives here.

I slept in and just caught the overtime and shootout. Just wow. The Blackhawks better hang on to this kid. Price wasn't bad, either.

Right now it's 3-1 for Russia over Sweden in the 2nd intermission.

The radio announcers commented on the disappointing turnout in the Sweden-Russia game, it was either 4500 or 5500 in an arena which has a capacity of 7650.

I think bad weather stranded a bunch of Canadians in Grand Forks, too.

They all cheered too because it meant they could drink more and not worry about driving! 400 people were put up in the convention center that night.

Those Canadians were a fun group and really made the experience in Grand Forks.

CC1.jpg

I spent 10 days there having a blast - except for the flat tire I got in -25º weather and not being able to start my car a couple of times...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Canada wins in a marathon shootout. Jonathan Toews with three goals in the shootout alone.

Edit: Yeah, what Break-Wood said. :D

How was one guy able to get three "at-bats" in the shootout? Do they just keep the same 3 or 5 go in rotation, or did they go through the entire team twice?

Canada wins in a marathon shootout. Jonathan Toews with three goals in the shootout alone.

Edit: Yeah, what Break-Wood said. :D

How was one guy able to get three "at-bats" in the shootout? Do they just keep the same 3 or 5 go in rotation, or did they go through the entire team twice?

After the first three, you're allowed to use whoever you want. Toews had the hot hand, so they went with him.

YES! after the 1st, 3-0 Canada, goals by Cogliano, Little, and Toews

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO :flagcanada: . I thought it after the 1st period it was guna be a close game such as 1-1, but a 3-0 blowout buy the canucks is great for us. Russia is a strong team i would of never thought to see the score like this after the 1st period.

4kv29i.jpg

ITS OVER! 3 IN A ROW!

All-Star Team

F-Patrick Kane(USA)

F-Jonathan Toews(CAN)

F-Alexei Cherepanov(RUS)

D-Erik Johnson(USA)

D-Kris Letang(CAN)

G-Carey Price(CAN)

Best F-Alexei Cherepanov(RUS)

Best D-Erik Johnson(USA)

Best G-Carey Price(CAN)

MVP-G Carey Price(CAN)

GCEeffm.png

Did anyone hear Jonathan Toews interview after the win. He said something like he had a great F****** great game lol. I thought he said something else it didnt really hit me , but still funny.

Good job team, f****** great game lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived