NO Saints

Ben5

To me, it seems like the recent line of Saints concepts have been very similar. A little too similar if you ask me. So I'm throwing my hat in the ring. The differences? No stripes on the sleeves (no room for them anymore) and new number font (I really wanted to try it our, thanks eric).

Saints.png

C&C welcomed.

EDIT: Updated later in the thread!

I'm not totally sold on the lack of sleeve stripes or the shade of gold you chose, but...

The number font looks awesome. The other concepts screamed out in need of a unique number font, and this one is perfect for the Saints. It complements the shape of the logo very well.

I also am very glad to see you gave them gold socks for use with the black pants.

Say,what's the name of the font you used for the #s?

I think he used the Reds new number font for the numbers.

As for the concept, love it. The only thing that I'd change is making the names on the away jersey's black instead of gold to make it easier to read.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Yeah, it's the new Reds font. As for the black numbers, I feel that if I had gone with black then I would have just as many people saying to use gold numbers. Oh well. Thanks for the C&C, and keep it coming guys.

Yeah, it's the new Reds font. As for the black numbers, I feel that if I had gone with black then I would have just as many people saying to use gold numbers. Oh well. Thanks for the C&C, and keep it coming guys.

Best one yet.

Even though you didn't create the font, using new, but simple numbers looks great.

...and NO "state" logo. I'm begging here...

Besides, using the state logo isn't very creative since it's been done before.

I think that may be why he used it. Who says a new uni set has to be a 100% overhaul? i like the logo itself, just belongs as a patch i think.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Updated: I changed the shade of gold and ditched the alt. I also added a double outline to the numbers. As for the state logo, I don't think I can drop it. I don't want to use the helmet logo, and there are barely any sleeves left for stripes.

Saints2.png

Thanks so far for the C&C.

Nice work, BB...

PLUS: number font is dead-on perfect for the Saints (although I would do something that will keep this distinctive from the Jaguars' new-found love for their black jerseys... so no black monochrome for starters); the double outline works really well on the black jersey; love the gold numbers on both black and white.

MINUS: the double outline isn't working as well on the white jersey (thicken it up, maybe?); not into the metallic alt jersey (they never look right); not into the all-black monochrome (Jaguar lookalikes).

THOUGHT: Why not try the UCLA-style shoulder striping? Fewer teams are using it any more, and since Louisiana's most prominent football team (LSU) wears them, it might be an interesting tie-in.

Well done!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If it's not already the nicest Saints concept on these boards, with a few more tweaks it certainly will be.

I agree that maybe the number outlines need to be thickened up a bit.

I'm fine with what you've done with the sleeves, but it might be interesting to try some different striping.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it, and I don't mind the alternate gold. I would love them to adopt these tommorrow. Requests: I would like to see white numerals on black and gold, w/outtline. How about white pants with stripes as well. Perhaps a Titan number font? True greatness

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

Archived