So who's the dope falling for this one?

marlinfan

Could that be one of those "fan replicas" that Championship teams sometimes put out? They aren't always the same as the real rings, and often have fewer gems within it and some of the more detailed and complicated parts are often left out, but they are a reasonable facsimile and it often much cheaper for a regular fan. (Though the only team I can remember selling fan replicas very actively were the 2004 Red Sox.)

It could also be a prototype that was created before the final design was settled upon.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Could that be one of those "fan replicas" that Championship teams sometimes put out? They aren't always the same as the real rings, and often have fewer gems within it and some of the more detailed and complicated parts are often left out, but they are a reasonable facsimile and it often much cheaper for a regular fan. (Though the only team I can remember selling fan replicas very actively were the 2004 Red Sox.)

The White Sox gave away something like 20,000 replica rings during the '06 season, but they're much more...um...spartan:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-WHITE-SOX-WORLD-SE...1QQcmdZViewItem

The White Sox gave away something like 20,000 replica rings during the '06 season, but they're much more...um...spartan:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTF-WHITE-SOX-WORLD-SE...1QQcmdZViewItem

I believe Little Ceasars had Red Wings ones that you could get for a few extra dollars if you ordered a pizza. I think I still have one somewhere.

MegatronSig2.jpg

That's pretty bad. I looked at the items he has sold and he usaually acknowledges that it is a replica. This time he does not.

Whenever these things come up (especially for this much $$), I always wonder whether I should warn the bidder(s).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Actually, if the bidders didn't read his description, its their own fault. He acknowledges that it is gold plated, has sythetic stones, and cubic zirconia. Thats enough right there to tell you it is a replica.

Actually, if the bidders didn't read his description, its their own fault. He acknowledges that it is gold plated, has sythetic stones, and cubic zirconia. Thats enough right there to tell you it is a replica.

the fact it says i have no idea who made it should show its a replica.

That and if you know anything about rings at all its clearly a replica.

but its 10x's better then those replicas that come out of lucite cubes that everyone sells for 300 bucks.

• LMU pinned, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived