St. Louis Gets 2009 MLB All-Star Game

buzzcut

This is what I would do with the ASG's from 2010-19

2010: Anaheim

2011: Phoenix

2012: Boston (100th Anniversary of Fenway)

2013: Cincinnati

2014: Kansas City

2015: New York NL

2016: Minnesota

2017: South Florida

2018: Oakland

2019: Washington DC (150th Anniversary of Baseball)

All looks pretty good except Boston had it in 1999? so they wont have it again in 2012

saBS.png

I dont think the NY Mets will get the All Star game till 2017 or 2019. Washington, Cincinnati and San Diego will have it before they NY will. As far as Boston they definitely wont have the All Star no time soon since they recently had it in the past decade. Anaheim and KC are definitely the next 2.

Cincy and San Diego no friggen way they've had it twice in recent years they don't deserve it for a while.

Then MLB never should have let Pittsburgh have the '06 game when the '94 game was played in that city.

The ASG seems to be as much about showcasing new ball parks as it is about spreading the love to all MLB cities. It just so happens that for '07 and '09, MLB manages to do both, and that for '08 they accomplish putting the game back in the New York market, where it had not been for several decades.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

There is a reason why Fenway should have the 2012 ASG...2012 is the 100th anniversary year of Fenway's opening.

Then Boston should have never had the All Star game in 99. There are 4 American Leauge teams inline first before Boston is even considered have the ASG again... Anahiem, Oakland, Kansas City, and Minnesota

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. No chance that the Metrodome gets an All-Star Game, likewise the Oakland Coliseum. Kauffman is in line, and I don't know why Angel Stadium hasn't gotten one since the renovation. But the Metrodome before Fenway? Are you daft?

There is a reason why Fenway should have the 2012 ASG...2012 is the 100th anniversary year of Fenway's opening.

While you're at it throw one the Cubbies' way (best in 2014, that or 2016, I know its out of rotation, but its to celebrate A ) Wrigley's centennial, B ) the Cubs' centennial there).

Or is the real reason that Fenway should get one in 2012 because OMFG! Bow down and genuflect before the New Englander's glory! We have not pimped them and their greatness enough lately! :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Heres my idea for 2010-2019

2010: Anaheim

2011: Phoenix

2012: Boston (100th Anniversary of Fenway)

2013: New York NL

2014: Kansas City

2015: Washington

2016: Minnesota

2017: South Florida

2018: Oakland

2019: Cincinnati (150th of first pro team in Cincy)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. No chance that the Metrodome gets an All-Star Game, likewise the Oakland Coliseum. Kauffman is in line, and I don't know why Angel Stadium hasn't gotten one since the renovation. But the Metrodome before Fenway? Are you daft?

Ummm...Minnesota and Oakland are getting new ballparks thats why they are before Fenway

It's still going to be several more years before they get done, and I won't believe the A's have a new park until it's finished. I have this bad feeling it falls through somehow.

Archived