Customizing Defunct Jerseys

MisterE

I want to get a mid-90's Blues jersey customized with Gretzky's 99 but I can't find any sites that will do defunct styles such as the font the Blues used. Authentic Lettering has the kit, but of course, they don't customize jerseys you didn't buy from them and I don't know how to sew it on myself (especially since I don't have a sewing machine.) I know Exclusive Pro is a good place to go, but I'm not sure if they can do this style. The Blues font wouldn't be so hard to make if it wasn't for the slanted block font. After Sodboy's run in with City Sports on his Jays jersey, they're out of the question.

So if any of you jersey customizing experts on these boards can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck - that's one of my favorite all-time jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I want to get a mid-90's Blues jersey customized with Gretzky's 99 but I can't find any sites that will do defunct styles such as the font the Blues used. Authentic Lettering has the kit, but of course, they don't customize jerseys you didn't buy from them and I don't know how to sew it on myself (especially since I don't have a sewing machine.) I know Exclusive Pro is a good place to go, but I'm not sure if they can do this style. The Blues font wouldn't be so hard to make if it wasn't for the slanted block font. After Sodboy's run in with City Sports on his Jays jersey, they're out of the question.

So if any of you jersey customizing experts on these boards can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

You might want to call Custom Crafted in Massachusetts who actually does the official lettering for the Blues, Bruins, Devils, and Hurricanes among others. I think they currently charge about $50 per jersey for full customization.

Here's the contact info:

CUSTOM CRAFTED ENTERPRISES INC

123 JOHN DIETSCH SQ

NORTH ATTLEBORO MA 02763-1027

(508) 695-2878

Sorry, they don't have a website.

The red blotch diagonal?

Really?

Why do you want to make the baby jesus cry? :wacko:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

EPS did the home and away for me in this style. I was happy with it

The red blotch diagonal?

Really?

Why do you want to make the baby jesus cry? :wacko:

Seriously, I love it! I understand why Blues fans and traditionalists hated it (I'd probably hate it too if my team that was always conservative and classy added a bold new color and went to non-traditional designs) but I thought the red looked great. I liked the shoulder patches, and I also loved how they used different style numbers for each digit of a >9 number (like Gretzky's 99.) It made it so you didn't see a lot of cheaply-lettered knock-offs (at least where I was - maybe it was different in the STL area.) I was kind of on the fence about it for a while until my college roommate got one and I saw it upclose. From then on I've been a fan.

I think another reason I like it was because it was only used for a few seasons, and one of those was when Gretz had his short run with the team, making a 99 jersey from that era doubly(sp?) obscure.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't speak about the other places listed, but I can vouch for EPS 100%. They've done my old Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks (circa 1994) sweaters, and when I get a moment, I am sending them an old Capitals sweater, along with my original Sharks sweater. They've never let me down, and I have had them do 6 or 7 jerseys at this point.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for the help. I'll probably go with Exclusive Pro.

You won't be sorry. They are doing my 91-92 Blues Brett Hull as we speak.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived