Vertical Stripes.... it's coming

pylon

Someone gave me a link to this:

panthersag0.png

Not sure if it is real.

Fun with primary colors!

If it's real, or if it isn't real, I'm not a fan. I always liked their jersey logo, but this just looks meh. What happened to the panther being bigger?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

After seeing the all-star jerseys in action, I am getting more and more optimistic about the new changes for next year. Just to sum up what we've been told from sources of varying reliability around the board, here's what I think we'll likely see:

No change (except maybe sock striping):

Buffalo, Anaheim, NY Islanders, Phoenix, Edmonton, New Jersey, Detroit, Chicago, NY Rangers, Montreal

i personally didn't care for the all star unis, but could deal with it since the nhl is always more liberal with the jerseys. sad they can't do to the slugs what they did to the fishermen. but money talks and bs walks. good to see the rest aren't getting any changes.

Minor changes:

Toronto (dropping silver), Calgary, Pittsburgh (both dropping secondary logos), Philadelphia (wishful thinking. Either they're going back to orange or staying exactly the same)

most of these changes are for the better. though i think philly is going back to orange.

Vertical Striping:

Florida, St Louis, Carolina, Atlanta, Nashville, Los Angeles, Colorado

This worries me. the only teams on this list i wouldn't mind seeing vertical stripes for are the thrashers and preds. but the rest of the teams are about to have there look ruined.

Major Changes:

Vancouver, Boston (both going to classic styles), San Jose, Ottawa, Dallas (going to a somewhat more traditional look), Tampa Bay, Columbus (switching to more popular 3rd logo), Minnesota (going to red jerseys) Washington (Going red, white, & blue)

i seriously hope the canucks aren't going back to the rink and stick logo/uniforms. I would rather see a return to the skate logo but thats me. Boston i don't mind a return to the old 70's uniforms. I don't know i like seeing San jose and Ottawa go more traditional givin they have pretty unique designs. I'm not a big fan of the proposed stars unis especially the faux-vintage black jersey. Minnesota going red doesn't bother me and washington needs to go back to RWB. I never liked the washington wizards scheme.

So, since most of the major changes involve actually going back to more classic looks, and teams that already have classic looks are staying the same, it's getting harder and harder to sit and whine about how Reebok is ruining hockey jerseys. Especially seeing how the all-star jerseys turned out.

As for the teams that are likely going with veritcal stripes, it's a lot closer to pissing on a urinal cake than pissing on the Mona Lisa.

And don't go asking me about my sources. Just actually READ the threads about the NHL changes. You'll find everything you need to know depending on how much you want to trust the sources. A lot of this is guesswork and reading between the lines, but there weren't a whole lot of blanks to fill in.

So enough freaking out already. It's not going to be that bad.

its kinda mixed bag. some of the changes i dont' mind and are needed but some of them worry me especially teams like the avs, blues, sharks that have good unique jerseys.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

panthersag0.png

Not sure if it is real.

It's an obvious paint by numbers job, it's fake. Probably done by somebody here.

As for Carolina I doubt they are going vertical, they were one of the teams that complained last year about the tucked in because it would eliminate their hurricane stripes.

panthersag0.png

Not sure if it is real.

It's an obvious paint by numbers job, it's fake. Probably done by somebody here.

As for Carolina I doubt they are going vertical, they were one of the teams that complained last year about the tucked in because it would eliminate their hurricane stripes.

I have to agree if for no other reason than the logo does not appear to be any larger or more dynamic than the present-day crest. The article indicated the panther would be larger and more dynamic.

Fake or not, that's actually not a bad look.

The Panthers will get rid of their original red jersey, at least for the time being.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ey/16530633.htm

Disappointing, at least to me. I like their original look. Is it untouchable? No. But I never liked the choice to go away from the red jersey, and now it will be gone completely (for a year anyway).

panthersag0.png

Not sure if it is real.

Fake or not, that's actually not a bad look.

Huh? That's clown city, baby. Amateur hour.

Major Changes:

Vancouver, Boston (both going to classic styles), San Jose, Ottawa, Dallas (going to a somewhat more traditional look), Tampa Bay, Columbus (switching to more popular 3rd logo), Minnesota (going to red jerseys) Washington (Going red, white, & blue)

what would be tampa bay's 3rd logo?

Major Changes:

what would be tampa bay's 3rd logo?

He was saying Columbus is going to their third logo, not Tampa Bay.

I wouldn't define that as "working" honestly. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived