LSU Baseball Team Going to New Era for caps?

mightynine

its probably blank

My team has new era caps with the same color stitching on the logo as on the cap. The back is blank. I'll post a pic later.

what team do you play for?

3_640.jpg

would be nice if it had this on the back.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

It still can't help them from their continuing slide into mediocrity in the College Baseball world... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I don't think so. It looks like the New Era logo was colored in a while back with a Sharpie, but is visible again thanks to the ink fading. I'm sure that they are still with The Game. He was just wearing an old hat.

Only thing is that New Era has never done the hats for the LSU baseball team.

kU6ns.gif

New Era makes it a habit of sending caps to college teams in hopes they'll hand them out. I know they sent some to the team here at UT when we were with Top of the World, but we pretty much switched to New Era after they started sending them. The team currently wears Easton and New Era hats, depending on player preference.

The Advocate in Baton Rouge is doing a series previewing each position of the baseball team, and most of the stories have action shots, and it looks like their either switching to New Era, or going back to a wool hat after a few years of using a mesh hat.

Observe:

lsu%20third%20base%20020107.jpg

chris%20jackson_013107.jpg

sean%20ochinko_013007.jpg

kU6ns.gif

is it me or does the front jersey font look like the old padres jersey font?

I'm guessing you mean the Padres font from 1985-2003. It doesn't look like that to me.

As a whole, the LSU front has a similar bowtie effect that the Giants had from 1983-93, but the letters themselves don't look all that close to the Giants' font, either.

its probably blank

My team has new era caps with the same color stitching on the logo as on the cap. The back is blank. I'll post a pic later.

what team do you play for?

3_640.jpg

would be nice if it had this on the back.

its just my high school team but I think we have the same style of caps.

yankees-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just an exciting update:

Yep, we're New Era now.

Interestingly, LSU popped out some white hats for Saturday's game. Even the announcers couldn't tell if the team's ever worn white hats.

EORRNIVRWCDOSVU.20070211000611.jpg

Tomorrow's gold jerseys...wonder what color hat gets trotted out for that one. Purple hats on Friday - wonder if the black hats are banished?

Hopefully, that bad boy's available in a size 8.

kU6ns.gif

Just an exciting update:

Yep, we're New Era now.

Interestingly, LSU popped out some white hats for Saturday's game. Even the announcers couldn't tell if the team's ever worn white hats.

EORRNIVRWCDOSVU.20070211000611.jpg

Tomorrow's gold jerseys...wonder what color hat gets trotted out for that one. Purple hats on Friday - wonder if the black hats are banished?

Hopefully, that bad boy's available in a size 8.

Are the New Era hats for sale yet. I want an purple and this white one badly. I have a mesh one from last season but want a real wool one.

Are the New Era hats for sale yet. I want an purple and this white one badly. I have a mesh one from last season but want a real wool one.

I went to Sunday's game (purple hats, gold jerseys for those of you scoring at home) and the merchandise trailer didn't have ANY fitted hats. Also tried Tiger Mania in the Mall of LA and struck out there too, so it looks like if they've been ordered, no one's got them in yet.

EDIT: Sent an e-mail to a local LSU shop in New Orleans about the New Era caps - got this response:

On the New Era hats, we are expecting those any day now. On the pinstripe jerseys, we are getting a Russel replica jersey, but I'm not sure if it's the pinstripe one. So please check back and we'll have those on the web site as soon as they come in.

Thanks for checking.

Susan

kU6ns.gif

Archived