2007 Caribbean World Series

BaltimoreFan

I'm not sure about other people on the boards, but I'm really excited for baseball to start again (after a disappointing Ravens loss in which the offense decided not to show up). This Friday Feb. 2nd is the start of the Caribbean World Series. After attending the WBC last year I've become much more interested in international baseball. So, I'm excited to watch this year. Here are the teams participating and the schedule:

Venezuela: Tigres de Aragua (Roster) (Defending Champs, but not the same club from last season)

Dominican Republic: Águilas Cibaeñas (Roster) (note: the Yankees won't let Melky Cabrera play)

Puerto Rico: Gigantes de Carolina (Roster under Carolina)

Mexico: Naranjeros de Hermosillo (Roster)

Schedule:

February 2

Venezuela vs. Dominican Republic

Mexico vs. Puerto Rico

February 3

Dominican Republic vs. Mexico

Puerto Rico vs. Venezuela

February 4

Mexico vs. Venezuela

Puerto Rico vs. Dominican Republic

February 5

Dominican Republic vs. Venezuela

Puerto Rico vs. Mexico

February 6

Mexico vs. Dominican Republic

Venezuela vs. Puerto Rico

February 7

Venezuela vs. Mexico

Dominican Republic vs. Puerto Rico

I'm glad I am not the only one on this board that is excited about this.

Aragua scored 8 runs in the bottom of the 9th to clinch the Venezuelan title a few days ago.

Anyone interested in watching it can watch it on Fox Sports en Espanol, channel 616 on Direct TV.

1997 | 2003

Crap, that starts on the 2nd??? Hell yeah, I watched the Championship game last year and that was one of the best/bizzarre games of baseball I've ever seen. (Venezuela winning when the other team's 3B gets hit on top of the head with a fly ball.) So yeah, I can't wait, just for the simple fact that it's exciting, and it's freakin' baseball.

Didnt Eric Byrnes and Miguel Tejada play in this series last year or the year before?

I'm pretty sure I heard they both played in it last season. I also think Tejada's team lost in the Domincian Championship last week (I can't really tell because most of the websites are in Spanish)

Will this be on ESPN? Hopefully I'll get to see this...nice to see Felix Fermin as the Dominican manager, although I'm disappointed to see the lack of K-Rod and Ervin Santana on Venezuela's roster.

Check your local FSN listings. I know the whole series is being played on Fox Sports Espanol. But I have a question for DirecTV owners. Fox Sports Espanol is supposed to be channel 616. However it isn't listed on my tv. Normally all of the channels are listed and if I don't own it the channel will just be black (with a message saying I need to order it). However channel 616 just isn't there are all. Does anyone have a similar problem or know why that is. It doesn't matter too much because I can watch alot of the games on MASN anyway.

DR beats VEN in game one of the round robin.

4-3 Final 18 Innings

VEN took the lead in the top of the 18th. DR got a man on second after the pitcher made an error throwing to first. Ramon Hernandez then tried to get the runner cheating off second, throw into center moved up the runner. Single up the middle tied the game. DR loaded the bases and Tony Batista ended it with a sac fly. One of the craziest game I have very seen. Game time on this baby: 6 hours and 13 minutes.

1997 | 2003

DR beats VEN in game one of the round robin.

4-3 Final 18 Innings

VEN took the lead in the top of the 18th. DR got a man on second after the pitcher made an error throwing to first. Ramon Hernandez then tried to get the runner cheating off second, throw into center moved up the runner. Single up the middle tied the game. DR loaded the bases and Tony Batista ended it with a sac fly. One of the craziest game I have very seen. Game time on this baby: 6 hours and 13 minutes.

I'm pissed because SportSouth cut it off in the 15th. It was preempted by the ATLANTA HAWKS!!! I mean, come on. There are probably 8 Hawk fans (my ma included) in the whole city who tune in religiously to the Hawks. To put a CLASSIC off the air for the Hawks highly upset me.

Oh well, I guess I'll catch it on the internet somewhere.

I'm catching the games on SNY (Sportsnet New York.

I cannot find results anywhere on the net though.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived