Vancouver Wolfpack

Lumbergh

I love the wordmark, but there's something just not doing it for me in the wolf itself. I think it might do some good to make it more aggressive or intimidating. Maybe using some of the graphite color to give a hint of more facial detail/highlight/shadow would push it a bit more. For the secondary(full wolf), I love the simplicity, although it may be too simple. Using the black, it might work to show a bit of the jagged edge of the fur to set the head off a bit (did that make sense?).

the other thing is, its more of a wolf than a wolfpack at the moment.

perhaps a few heads or something. might have a crack at what i mean.

like the idea of using the collective noun for a team.

pack,

herd,

etc

doesnt always work though.

gaggle,

gander,

clutch.

Hmm. It has potential, but it's going ot need some rehab.

First off - for all those saying that it needs multiple wolves to represent a wolfpack, stop. Better yet, take your arguments to the hockey team playing in Hartford, or the universities located in Raleigh, North Carolina or Reno, Nevada. All go by "Wolf Pack"/"Wolfpack", and all have a lone wolf in their primary logos. Even if you're right, the concept would be fine with a single wolf.

This concept, however, falls flat. The face doesn't look aggressive in the primary, with or without wordmark. If anything, the wolf looks contrite as he's being scolded for doing something wrong. The full-bodied wolf looks crosseyed, and there's a lack of definition in the face. (Plus, the tail looks more like a meat cleaver than a tail with that angular flair at the tip.) Also, the only place you use white is to highlight the teeth. But why are the wolf's lips white also?

Suggestions:

- meaner facial expression.

- thicker shoulders/back - as drawn now, the body posture looks like slumped shoulders, and a lack of strength. Raise his hackles, thicken the neck/shoulder muscles.

- drop the white lips; he's not a crackhead!

- make the black shadowing look more in line with the shadows thrown by the wolf's natural facial features; the shadowing here looks more haphazard than anything you'd see in nature given the contours of a wolf's face.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The one thing that my eye is really drawn toward when looking at this is the kerning in the wordmark, especially around the A.

I would manually adjust the kerning so that there's not as much space between the P, the A and the C ? I know that the way those letters angle away from each other, this is probably how it turned out when you typed it.

But all the other letters either connect to one another or are very close to doing so, so I would tighten it up to make the kerning around those letters look more consistent with the others.

First off - for all those saying that it needs multiple wolves to represent a wolfpack, stop. Better yet, take your arguments to the hockey team playing in Hartford, or the universities located in Raleigh, North Carolina or Reno, Nevada. All go by "Wolf Pack"/"Wolfpack", and all have a lone wolf in their primary logos. Even if you're right, the concept would be fine with a single wolf.

I am going to attempt to explain this to everyone who does not understand. One wolf is fine for a "Wolfpack" logo because...

The Memphis Grizzlies (example) are called the Grizzlies which is plural for Grizzly. That means that each player that is a member of the Grizzlies is a Grizzly. A team called the Wolfpack means that every player on that team is a Wolf. Wouldn't the meaning remain the same if you called the Minnesota Timberwolves the Minnesota Timberwolfpack? One means many Timberwolves, and so does the other. A team called the Wolves is fine with one wolf as a logo, so a team called the Wolfpack should be also. When people say things like that it always bothers me.

Archived