U of Miami new football uniforms?

Steve03Merc

Don't piss off "U" fans. They gang up on people.

Like a seven man train?

No, seriously, the U needs to go back to orange-based uniforms. That's what they're famous for and identified with, regardless of whatever piping or other crap Nike puts on there. All this white-on-white and green-on-white has sort of destroyed the famous Miami look.

they did actually wear green jerseys for sometime during the 80's

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe when they are good again they will bring back the orange unis. i think it would be embarassing actually to see the orange get dominated with how bad they have been the past couple of years.

when you think miami orange you think the 90's when they were crazy good. i think thier jerseys will look good either way.

btw on scouts.com it doesnt have miami as one of noel devine's college choices, so thats a big chance they missed out on. noel is the #2 rated running back in the nation. he is like the next LT its gross.

Picture21.png

maybe when they are good again they will bring back the orange unis. i think it would be embarassing actually to see the orange get dominated with how bad they have been the past couple of years.

when you think miami orange you think the 90's when they were crazy good. i think thier jerseys will look good either way.

btw on scouts.com it doesnt have miami as one of noel devine's college choices, so thats a big chance they missed out on. noel is the #2 rated running back in the nation. he is like the next LT its gross.

couple things wrong with your post.....

the next LT? please man, #1 don't compare people, it's unfair and is usualy a disaster. #2 the kid hasent even played a down in College and hes already the next LT?? well good for him hes dominating 16-17-18 year old boys..

and Miami wasn't "crazy good" in the '90s. If ever they were "crazy good" it was 1983-1992 and then revived again around 2000.

and since you're so hard on Miami, and you have a Wolverine sig, lets break it down for you

since the turn of the century...

Miami is 71-16 (.813 WP), while Michigan is 53-21 (.716). Advantage: MIAMI

Miami is 6-2 in bowl games, Michigan is 3-5. Advantage: MIAMI

Miami has 4 conference championships, Michigan has 3. Advantage: MIAMI

Miami has been to 2 national championships, winning 1. Michigan has been to none. Advantage: MIAMI

look, your hatred for Miami makes no sense to me, and its not my business to know why you do, but putting them down doesnt make sense either. Didn't Michigan have a dreadful season in 2005 and then rebounded all the way up to #2 the next year? if you're going to bash a team, look at the numbers. now i'm not saying Miami is anywhere near where the used to be, and yes they have had a terrible coach and a terrible season, but your continuous bashing and prodding of Miami is really getting on my nerves, and by the looks of it unmerrited.

Signing day for high school recruits is the most ridiculas, over-hyped media driven non-sense on the sports landscape today. I live in Michigan (and I'm NOT a U of M fan... the sweater rules!), and Michigan fans go nuts about this every year. THESE ARE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!! You have NO real idea what kind of college players they're gonna turn out to be. Its all just best guess at this point. Every year Notre Dame still end up having their class of recruits rated in the top 5 by the high school recruiting "experts" (how do you get that title... what a joke), and how has that turned out lately?

the next LT? please man, #1 don't compare people, it's unfair and is usualy a disaster. #2 the kid hasent even played a down in College and hes already the next LT?? well good for him hes dominating 16-17-18 year old boys..

and Miami wasn't "crazy good" in the '90s. If ever they were "crazy good" it was 1983-1992 and then revived again around 2000.

and since you're so hard on Miami, and you have a Wolverine sig, lets break it down for you

Miami has been to 2 national championships, winning 1. Michigan has been to none. Advantage: MIAMI

look, your hatred for Miami makes no sense to me, and its not my business to know why you do, but putting them down doesnt make sense either. Didn't Michigan have a dreadful season in 2005 and then rebounded all the way up to #2 the next year? if you're going to bash a team, look at the numbers. now i'm not saying Miami is anywhere near where the used to be, and yes they have had a terrible coach and a terrible season, but your continuous bashing and prodding of Miami is really getting on my nerves, and by the looks of it unmerrited.

Even if they win, they do so disrespectfully. If you can give me as many blatant examples of poor sportsmanship in the past 10 years by Michigan (or any other Big Ten team) as Miami has had the past 2 years then we'll talk about unmeritted criticism.

A brawl with a what's basically a division 2 school? Come on. But then again, maybe I'm missing something.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Even if they win, they do so disrespectfully. If you can give me as many blatant examples of poor sportsmanship in the past 10 years by Michigan (or any other Big Ten team) as Miami has had the past 2 years then we'll talk about unmeritted criticism.

A brawl with a what's basically a division 2 school? Come on. But then again, maybe I'm missing something.

"maybe when they are good again they will bring back the orange unis. i think it would be embarassing actually to see the orange get dominated with how bad they have been the past couple of years."

i believe you're missing the fact that in neither of our posts did we mention their off the field problems, and of course their brawl with FIU, he mentioned their quality of play.

Miami's been under the radar of garish garb for a while because we always need therapy after seeing the latest Oregon monstrosity.

I kinda wish they had but three looks -- orange/white, green/white (that green is great) and white/orange.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

well first of all, there CANT be anything wrong with my post because it was made up of all opinions.

secondly, if you have seen noel, you would know that the comparison, which i didnt mean to be literal just a reference to how good he is, isnt too far off. i mean its not like i said he was the next barry sanders.

thirdly, most of miami's championships were in the 80's but they still had great teams in the 90's.

also, i think its safe to say that lately miami has had a better record in a weaker conference, but they also have an overall winning percentage of .642, while Michigan has the NCAA's best at .745.

the "U" also has 5 national championships, while my wolverines claim 11.

and lastly, why do i hate miami? simple, i hate all florida teams. the SEC/ACC conference are the most favored conferences in the bcs. every year either miami or florida state start up in the top 10, and then in december they are playing for the mieneke car care bowl or something. even this year miami was like 6-8 and started a riot on the field yet they still got a bid to a bowl its rediculous.

i hate miami because they are a bunch of errogant thugs thats about it. dont even get me started on this year. if your gonna pick florida for the national championship game, fine, but leave them at #3 untill they win. michigan played horrible in the rose bowl, but untill then they should have stayed at #2.

i choose to hate who i want to hate, and i believe that i have enough reson to hate miami.

if you didnt recieve enough info from above statements, here are some more facts to chew on.

* Most wins (860) and highest winning percentage (.745) in NCAA Division I-A football history

* The highest NCAA home attendance every year since 1974 except 1997

* The longest current streak of over 100,000 in attendance at home (200 games)

* The longest current bowl game streak (32)

* The longest current streak of non-losing seasons (39)

* The longest current streak of games in Division 1-A since last being shutout (275 games; last time on October 20, 1984, at Iowa)

* The most televised school in college football history (368 televised games)

* The largest crowd to ever attend an NCAA football game: 112,118 on November 22, 2003, at Michigan Stadium vs. Ohio State

* The largest delta (points for minus points against) in college football history

* The most conference championships of any college football program in any conference (42)

* The most undefeated seasons in Division 1-A football (25)

* The highest all-time strength of schedule rating in college football[2]

* The longest time since playing a (non World War II-era) non-Division-1A opponent (74 years)

* The most winning seasons (109)

* One of only two schools with a winning record against every Division 1-A conference, including independent schools such as Notre Dame

* The number one sports rivalry: Michigan-Ohio State, according to ESPN's "10 Greatest Sports Rivalries"

* The best helmet in football, according to ESPN's "End of Century" Special

* The best uniform in sports, according to ESPN2's 64 Team Bracket Results

Miami vs Michigan Advantage: MICHIGAN

Picture21.png

well first of all, there CANT be anything wrong with my post because it was made up of all opinions.

secondly, if you have seen noel, you would know that the comparison, which i didnt mean to be literal just a reference to how good he is, isnt too far off. i mean its not like i said he was the next barry sanders.

thirdly, most of miami's championships were in the 80's but they still had great teams in the 90's.

also, i think its safe to say that lately miami has had a better record in a weaker conference, but they also have an overall winning percentage of .642, while Michigan has the NCAA's best at .745.

and lastly, why do i hate miami? simple, i hate all florida teams. the SEC/ACC conference are the most favored conferences in the bcs. every year either miami or florida state start up in the top 10, and then in december they are playing for the mieneke car care bowl or something. even this year miami was like 6-8 and started a riot on the field yet they still got a bid to a bowl its rediculous.

i hate miami because they are a bunch of errogant thugs thats about it. dont even get me started on this year. if your gonna pick florida for the national championship game, fine, but leave them at #3 untill they win. michigan played horrible in the rose bowl, but untill then they should have stayed at #2.

i choose to hate who i want to hate, and i believe that i have enough reson to hate miami.

if you didnt recieve enough info from above statements, here are some more facts to chew on.

* Most wins (860) and highest winning percentage (.745) in NCAA Division I-A football history

* The longest current streak of games in Division 1-A since last being shutout (275 games; last time on October 20, 1984, at Iowa)

* The largest crowd to ever attend an NCAA football game: 112,118 on November 22, 2003, at Michigan Stadium vs. Ohio State

* The largest delta (points for minus points against) in college football history

* The most conference championships of any college football program in any conference (42)

* The longest time since playing a (non World War II-era) non-Division-1A opponent (74 years)

* One of only two schools with a winning record against every Division 1-A conference, including independent schools such as Notre Dame

* The number one sports rivalry: Michigan-Ohio State, according to ESPN's "10 Greatest Sports Rivalries"

ooh, maybe michigan should get cool stickers for their helmets since they're the most televised team. perhaps a badge for having neat uniforms. awesome...

i think they should look like this, it would save a bunch of time for the local prisons.

miamijoke.png

lol just kidding, i just hate all the florida teams.

never heard anything like that before.. hahahahahahah, boy, you are clever

.......................... :rolleyes:

Wow! You know, he'd probably call FSU "Free Shoes University" ... oh wait.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

While those stats are pretty.. they're irrelivent to this arguement. I believe you specifically referenced the past few years, not that past century. As well most of your stats you can't compare to Miami, considering they started their program in 1926 as a freshman only squad, which became varsity the next year (1927), that's 80 years of varsity football this year, as for Michigan? 1879, that's 128 years ago, 48 more than Miami. And you can profess your attendance numbers all you want, but it's impossible to compare that to Miami too, when the Orange Bowl holds approximatly 74,476. Michigan Stadium holds approximatly 107, 501. 33,025 more than Miami.

I agree with your great teams in the 90's statement but Scott Covington never made my knees shake quite like Vinny or Gino did.

And I also said, I could care less why you hate them, it's not my business. I just don't like when people say things out of dislike or hatred that are false. End of story.

And as for Florida being in the National Title game over Michigan, completely off topic but I'll throw my hat in the ring. No one would've loved to see a rematch between Michigan and the Bucks more than me, the last thing I wanted to see was Florida win a national championship. But they deserved to be there, Michigan, did not. They had their chance against the Bucks, and lost. Florida on the other hand won the SEC and were competely deserving of their spot, as they showed with the win. How can a National Champion not be a Conference Champion? It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure if you weren't a biased Michigan fan (nothing wrong with that) you would be able to look at it from a less askewed platform.

The 100,000 streak is BS. Most schools don't have stadiums that big, and some choose not to.

Woo hoo, ESPN voted you as best helmet (Originally from Princeton), they also voted you the best rivalry (that's one game a year), and they said you had nice unis (you've since then changed your unis).

Here's a way more important fact:

Most players graduated to the NFL

Miami: 300 (49 active)

Michigan: 277 NFL Players (45 active)

Advantage: Miami

And I would rather root for Michigan than Miami.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

speedy i actually agree with your view of the national championship game, michigan didnt deserve to be there this year, and florida proved that they did. were they the best team? maybe, maybe not.

and what was false, or hateful for that matter of my original post?

true i dont like miami, but i said that they were once very good, but have slacked as of late, and stated my personal opinion that they should wait until they are good again until they bring back the orange jerseys, and that a recruit that once had miami on the top of his list of college choices had erased them. one thing i dont have against miami is thier uniforms, they are top 5 on my list.

i think we both took it a bit too far to start comparing colleges and whatnot.

its true that they are both great programs. Miami and FSU and Florida just happen to chap my ass. but i dont think that there was anything really hateful in my original post.

we can throw all the facts that we want at each other, but im still gonna hate miami, and i wont sway your preference either.

for the record, i hate Miami, i hate FSU, and i hate Florida, but you have to respect them. nuff said.

hope you agree with me for once. lol

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

icon_pissingcontest.gif

Well said. Can we graveyard this, or at least get it moved to the "Irrational Non-Uniform-Related Debates" forum?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived