U of Miami new football uniforms?

Steve03Merc

I don't know if this is legit, but I just came across this:

possibleuniform.jpg

For the love of god................

Side panels suck.

Number font still sucks.

High Schoolish name on the front, sucks. It's the U, not JFK High.

Piping just to have piping, I love you NIKE. You suck.

No shoulder/sleeve numbers? What the hell....

.....atleast it's orange.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The giant "CANES" ruins it for me. Either put "HURRICANES", "MIAMI", the "U" logo, or nothing at all.

Abbreviated team names do not belong on uniforms.

Well, in all fairness, you can't fit "Brevard County Correctional Facility" between all that piping.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

how come the piping looks like shoestring overalls?

and yes, side panels do suck. I'll take their current design over this. I didn't mind the stripe on the back nearly as much as this.

One thing I like is the CANES script. When done right, large wordmarks work well on football jerseys. Just ask the Montreal Alouettes.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The giant "CANES" ruins it for me. Either put "HURRICANES", "MIAMI", the "U" logo, or nothing at all.

Abbreviated team names do not belong on uniforms.

Well, in all fairness, you can't fit "Brevard County Correctional Facility" between all that piping.

That was pretty funny. Just thought I'd inflate your ego a bit.

The jerseys? Oh yeah, the jerseys. They rub. But Nike's trying. They're new to concepting. And they only have MS Paint, so take it easy on them. C&C will not be taken.

Those images are from Powers' catalog. Generally, manufacturers use templates for teams that they do in the publication so that people can identify with the style. I do not think that the jersey depicted is the U's or Utah's for that matter.

In the past, Nike has used Powers for their uniform manufacturing. However, I do not know if they still are. The jersey could just be a sample of something that Nike was trying and that Powers liked and decided to go to production with it.

If you get a chance, look in Russell Athletics' F07 catalog. In it, you will see knockoffs of USC's, Carolina Panthers', LSU's, and the Minnesota Vikings' styles. Everyone copies everyone else in the industry. Just ask Carlos Mencia. Aloha.

dodgers-1.png

As a huge canes fan, I must say, that Nike continues to RUIN our uniforms in EVERY sport. Our colors are so nice, but they continue to muck it up to sell off a new template to 30 other schools the following two years.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't know if this is legit, but I just came across this:

possibleuniform.jpg

For the love of god................

Side panels suck.

Number font still sucks.

High Schoolish name on the front, sucks. It's the U, not JFK High.

Piping just to have piping, I love you NIKE. You suck.

No shoulder/sleeve numbers? What the hell....

.....atleast it's orange.

When did football become a fashion show?? :blink::blink::wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I saw it and thought it looked like the Kentucky template. I then did a google search for "Kentucky Football Jersey," and that same Miami image appeared like a shining gem in a sea of outdated and knockoff Kentucky football jerseys. This leads me to believe that it may not be real.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I checked out the Powers site and looked through some of the uniforms. I'm thinking more and more that this isn't next year's uniform. Looking through the basketball uniforms, there was one that looked like Illinois, but it read "Champaign" across it.

I think they used the real school colors just to show that they look similar to what the schools wear, instead of stating it for a fact.

I am more inclined to believe what I see in Nike's own catalog than its uniform supplier.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

As a huge canes fan, I must say, that Nike continues to RUIN our uniforms in EVERY sport. Our colors are so nice, but they continue to muck it up to sell off a new template to 30 other schools the following two years.

As an alumnus of the University of Oregon, I feel your pain. :D

If they're to have a new uniform, why not go with a classic?

miaunc1-lg.jpg

i rember when miami first started wearing nike in football they had their traditional uniform style but with each 1/2 of the neck trim being a different color with the "u" on the color, what about going back to something like that againt at least florida and florida state.

sms.gif

Those images are from Powers' catalog. Generally, manufacturers use templates for teams that they do in the publication so that people can identify with the style. I do not think that the jersey depicted is the U's or Utah's for that matter.

In the past, Nike has used Powers for their uniform manufacturing. However, I do not know if they still are. The jersey could just be a sample of something that Nike was trying and that Powers liked and decided to go to production with it.

If you get a chance, look in Russell Athletics' F07 catalog. In it, you will see knockoffs of USC's, Carolina Panthers', LSU's, and the Minnesota Vikings' styles. Everyone copies everyone else in the industry. Just ask Carlos Mencia. Aloha.

Powers still does most of the Nike stuff. Most companies, such as Nike with Powers, adidas with Betlin, and adidas/Reebok with Ripon will allow the manufacturer to use the company's basic templates for their own team sales business.

As an alumnus of the University of Oregon, I feel your pain. :D

If they're to have a new uniform, why not go with a classic?

miaunc1-lg.jpg

I'd change the gold to orange,but Gothamite has a good point.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived