Dog logo

Lumbergh

Well... my 3 year-old daughter thinks it's cute... but I dunno if that what you're going for

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As has been said, the tail should meet the body with a curve, not an angle. The hindquarters should be a little lower than the front shoulder -- i.e. the back should angle down somewhat from front to back -- both because that's actually how most dogs are built and because it will help you a little with depth. (Proportionally, this probably means longer front legs than you've got now.) And you would get a little more of an aggressive stance if you pushed the head a bit forward and angled the neck to match. Make it look more like the dog is "pointing" to prey. I know, not exactly the right kind of dog to be pointing, but all dogs have the same basic vocabulary of body language, and this will make your dog logo look less like he's waiting to be petted and more like he's stalking prey.

But in general, this is an excellent illustration. However, the short neck and front legs make this look more like a puppy than a mature dog. (Which to some extent is not your "fault", but rather inherent in your choice of breeds, but still. You can and should use some creative license to make even a dog of roughly this breed look like a mature canine.)

20082614447.png

The mouth needs a little more definition. It might help if you let us know what this logo is for and what attributes you're looking to stress. Your logo seems to stress loyalty and a certain regality. The dog is strong. If you're stressing that, dead on. If you're looking to give off the impression of aggression, you have a little more work to do. An aggressive dog would lower his front legs more.

here's an update:

beagle.png

IMO, needs a touch more white around the ears. I also see how you've angled the dog for perspective, but one back leg almost looks too stretched. Also might need a touch of the brown (light brown) at the nostrils - subtle, but still there.

:D

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived