2008 NHL All-Star Jersey concepts...

Roger Clemente

Seeing as how the All-Star jerseys are the one main time when you can go totally nuts with design, I went out on this one. A lot of people seem to want to see the Atlanta All-Star jerseys to take a cue from their current home jerseys, that has the name going down the sleeve, so I decided to try something very original...

AS08.png

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Maybe flip the ASG logo on the back with the team logo on the sleeve. That's about all I'd change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually like the game logo on the back in this case. I know this isn't the point but it makes it better for display. Every player has other guys in the ASG sign his jersey and then does something with it (like framing it). If they signed the back and then framed it that way I think it would be cool

BCBannersSig.png

I really like these ASG concepts. One idea for a change...

When watching ASG (NBA or NHL) sometimes I forget for a second which team the player represents. Sometimes it is hard to find the team patch since we are not used to seeing the All-Star Unis.

So for these, how about the Eastern Conference gets a team patch on one shoulder and the Player Name in Team Color on the other (So Crosby would be Black w/ Gold Trim).

The Western Conference would have the shoulder number and stars in team color (so Thortons Number and Stars would be Black w/ Teal Trim).

I would alternate for teams, because this would look better on a white background. Some VERY wierd color combos would occur if you did this on either the Red (East) or Blue (West) background.

Just a thought to add some more color.

Thank you all for the appreciation.

I made some changes...

AS08-b.png

What I did was have the players name going down the sleeve sideways, in a somewhat normal looking manner. By doing it this way, it allows longer names (like LANGENBRUNNER and NIEDERMAYER that I used here) to fit on the sleeve. (Although wider letters could be used for much shorter names like SAKIC or HUET). It might look weird when looking at it on TV, but if it had to go sideways, I felt it best to have the name starting near the collar and working down, like when looking at a shelf of books, CDs or DVDs. I also shortened the width of the sleeve stripe and did a new number font.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived